memz180

Re: CC3D not detected by PC? Orange blinkning light
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2017, 05:01:12 am »
I flash using clean flight, it states that the file has been loaded, the LED not sure if its fading on and off didn't really notice.

Once i load the LP GCS i disconnect the battery and USB, just connect the USB, it will then flash the LP software then it hangs while rebooting and gives me an error.

If i then connect with the external power source battery + USB it states USB not recognized. if i plug in just USB nothing happens and it does not come up on the device manager.

For the other way around :-

I click rescue, then flash the clean flight file it loads successfully. Then i plug in the external power source it then detects and connects to the software.

memz180

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2017, 01:15:10 am »
Hi All,

Further to the previous message. I have purchased another CC3D board from Ebay. This one continuously disconnects i have tried everything including installing other boot loaders through the STLink. This one would be faulty.

Please see YouTube video and let me know if anyone has faced these issues ?

Thanks,

Mem

peikin

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2019, 02:41:44 pm »
hello I have the same problem, I think orange led are in boards that are clones of the real cc3d, i have tried all to bring it to life but is impossible, I don't think what happen with my board, I used an FTDI cable and bridge the to pads with my finger and plug in in the usb of my pc, st flash demonstrator tool detect it and I could flash it with the firmware original from cc3d provided in the page a person linked above but it doesnt work too and I could realize that my board has 64K of flash not 128K like original so it can be the problem why it doesn't work, maybe clones has a light firmware of the original.

The problem with mine is when I want to save config to the cc3d from librepilot it stuck at 'preparing mixer settings'.

Any solution??

peikin

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2019, 01:14:13 am »
Hi All,

Further to the previous message. I have purchased another CC3D board from Ebay. This one continuously disconnects i have tried everything including installing other boot loaders through the STLink. This one would be faulty.

Please see YouTube video and let me know if anyone has faced these issues ?

Thanks,

Mem

I think I have solution to your problem, I have fight with this board so much!

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2019, 07:56:01 am »
The problem with mine is when I want to save config to the cc3d from librepilot it stuck at 'preparing mixer settings'.

Any solution??

Are you sure your GCS and CC3D are running the same version?  16.09?  You can look on Firmware tab

I would try another USB cable
and then (important for this test to wait the full 120 seconds during Erase):
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=4555.msg30943#msg30943

and even try powering with both 5V from flight battery -> ESC/BEC and USB while doing the failing step.

After that, I would verify that the external flash chip is installed and is the correct type and memory size.  Also that the CPU is the correct type.

peikin

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2019, 03:37:36 am »

Any solution??

Are you sure your GCS and CC3D are running the same version?  16.09?  You can look on Firmware tab

I would try another USB cable
and then (important for this test to wait the full 120 seconds during Erase):

and even try powering with both 5V from flight battery -> ESC/BEC and USB while doing the failing step.

After that, I would verify that the external flash chip is installed and is the correct type and memory size.  Also that the CPU is the correct type.

yes, i upgrade it  and erase it but doesn't work, I have not waited 120 seconds after flashing and erasing, the progress bar go so fast and after that just reboot.

With battery  should not save because librepilot don't let me save when battery is connected so I don't think this can work.

I have not verified if the chip has flash installed, i don't know what chip can be but I know with betaflight save config so it can't be the problem.

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2019, 04:51:41 am »
BetaFlight uses non-volatile storage built into the CPU chip.  LibrePilot uses the external flash chip.  If external flash is broken, BF will work and LP will not.

Please try the rescue procedure at:
.. It does not reboot automatically after the Erase.

Or you can even do skip the Update part in those instructions and when it says do Update and Erase, just do Erase Settings.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 05:29:21 am by TheOtherCliff »

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2019, 10:53:09 pm »
Hello,

Ive been trying to get my CC3d fc to connect with LP.  Am able to connect the board via rescue, but when I click update or update & erase and then plug the USB I'm able to get the first bar complete, but the second bar gives me an error (time-out) then I hear like if the USB cable is getting plug back on and off.

Blue light is always solid bright and orange light is slowing fading away on and off.

When I connect the board Thru FTDI im able to connect to LP and I get 1 green bar each of TX - RX. But LP doesnt let me update the board with the FTDI plugged, it says not to use external pluggings when I click the wizard updrade.

Which firmware do I need to flash the board with? What drivers are needed?

Can someone please help me? Im new to this and I would like to make sure if I have a working FC or not before i buy a new one.

Thanks so much in advance.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2019, 11:15:46 pm »
then I hear like if the USB cable is getting plug back on and off.
So it sounds like you are using Windows.  Removing and re-installing the driver sometimes helps for several issues, regardless of RxData/TxData.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/12812343/Troubleshooting

Blue light is always solid bright and orange light is slowing fading away on and off.
LED slowly fading on and off means the FC is in bootloader mode.  Always in bootloader mode means you have a bootloader, but not a working firmware.  But if that were the case, then connecting through the FTDI would not connect to LP and show RxData/TxData.

1 green bar each of TX - RX
That is a tiny amount.  It should be a lot more.  To run it with FTDI, you would probably need a higher baud rate.  This is probably not what you want to do.

Which firmware do I need to flash the board with? What drivers are needed?
GCS and FC (firmware) versions must match.  Pick a version.  :)  The default Windows install options installs the drivers you need.  You could try completely uninstalling LP GCS and reinstalling it.

I have heard of timeout at UpgradeAndErase, but I don't recall any more.  @f5soh will surely know more about that.

Do you have a complicated setup, perhaps with OSD?  And maybe you have changed your telemetry to come out the flexi or main port instead of USB?

Try this:
- unplug USB (and all other power like flight battery / BEC)
- go to Firmware page and press Rescue
- Plug FC into USB
Does it recognize the board?  If so, press Safe Boot.  Did it connect and run normally?  If so, your settings are changed to the point that you can't connect USB telemetry with the way you have it set.  If you fix the Hardware page settings (back to stock settings) and reboot, it will probably boot normally and you can figure out how you want it set up.