CC3D not detected by PC? Orange blinkning light
« on: April 17, 2016, 04:05:19 pm »
Hi,

My PC is not detected my CC3D since of last night. Now when i plug my CC3D into the PC with USB cable only the power "led" on the board is blinking. Has anybody had this problem before?

Thanks for your help

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: CC3D not detected by PC? Orange blinkning light
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 04:43:37 pm »
Hi, welcome.

Do you see the fast blinking sequence just after you power the board ?
If yes, your board is fine.

If not, try updating firmware.
Go to firmware tab:
- Disconnect board
- Click Upgrade & Erase button
- Connect the board to automatically install firmware and erase flash.
- Wait the Erase process, take at least 30s
After the process completion, board become connected to GCS.

If you see only one Tx bar on bottom-right corner, try reinstalling windows driver:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Troubleshooting

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 08:23:25 pm »
did you change usb cords? some dont have data link and are just for charging. just throwing that out there. because it has happened to me before. not all cords are equal lol good luck
ωʉɱ ∞

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 10:10:29 pm »
When i plug in the board the only light that is a yellow orange one and its flickering/blinkning. Its as if the board doesnt have a firmware on it or something, i even tried connecting the board using a FTDI adapter. I tried the board on another commputer with several cables, and nothing.

There is not really a sequence, the light just start to flash, i can see its written power next to the light that is blinking. 

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 10:32:47 pm »
it might be a bad board maybe... i have got a few bad cc3d clones before. one would only boot if i powered it with a battery and the usb. how long did it actually work properly? im fairly new to this but i had some of the same problems so i was just throwing some ideas out there for you. there are many more wiser than i... i just remember how frustrating it was for me. but the right person will get to you if you dont figure it out soon. f5soh has help me out before more than once and he is always getting people out of binds. good luck friend. have you tried what he said? starting the firmware first and then pluggin it in?
ωʉɱ ∞

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 05:35:28 pm »
I dont know if its a bad board or not, it was maybe working for 1h or two.

Here is the whole story:

When i was initally installing LP on the board i had some issues with LP not recognize the radio, but after some time i got everything to work, and i was done with the Wizard. LP was on my board. At this time i thought it would be a good idea to load betaflight on the board, becuase all was working, but when i was trying to set up betaflight on the board i couldnt get the Radio to talk to the board (same problem as before) and at some point the board just stoppped working all together.

After all this i cannot get the board to connect to ANY computer.

I tried everything that i could possibly find on the web/forums.

I ordered a new board, but would like to know what happened so i dont do it again!

Thanks for your input nacho!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 05:40:55 pm »
If not, try updating firmware.
Go to firmware tab:
- Disconnect board
- Click Upgrade & Erase button
- Connect the board to automatically install firmware and erase flash.
- Wait the Erase process, take at least 30s
After the process completion, board become connected to GCS.

What happens if you do a Rescue ?

- Disconnect board
- Click Rescue button
- Connect the board

If the board blink, it's still alive :)

Take a look here howto reflash bootloader after beta/race/cleanflight
http://www.southquay3d.com/index.php?route=news/article&news_id=9

memz180

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 09:40:23 pm »
Hi,

Sorry to bring up an old thread. I have spare CC3D board which i received recently.

I cant seem to get it connected to Libre Pilot, There is only one solid blue light on all the time when connected.

I have since tried to upgrade the board, rescue the board, erase and update. The 'composite drivers' dont show up on the device manager.

When external power is connected to the board via an ESC, i get USB not recognized 'error 43'. The boot loader version is 4 and it will communicate with LP only for flashing and upgrading, but when loading it times out.

I dont see any other lights blinking other than the solid blue light, when upgrading the board only i see orange link blinking.

Could this be a bad batch of board, did purchase it from eBay.

Any suggestions please let me know.

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2017, 04:11:24 am »
Sometimes there is a problem with Windows drivers.  Try uninstalling and reinatalling LP.
Rescue and when within Rescue do an Erase could get it working
FIrmware version must match GCS version
USB cables are bad sometimes
Try a different PC if just for a test.

memz180

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 02:15:42 pm »
I've tried every possible combination and still cannot get windows to detect. I read somewhere that if it's coming up as unknown device sometimes when they don't quite install the bootloader from factory. Therefore might have to go down the path of
st-link ? To flash the bootloader.

When I connect direct to USB nothing comes up in device manager. When I connect external power to board it shows up as unknown USB device. Cannot seem to get past that point.

My normal quad built would come up as composite USB device. This other board shows nothing.

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2017, 09:38:31 pm »
This does begin to sound like a bootloader issue.

Plug in board that works and watch LED on board.  Does it "fade in and out" at first, before booting?  That is the bootloader.

Plug in board that does not work and watch LED on board.  Does it "fade in and out" at first, before booting?  If it does not fade in and out like the one that works, then I would start by installing a bootloader.

memz180

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 12:01:34 pm »
Yeah correct not fading in and out. So I take it will be the boot loader issue.

What i did eventually do is flash cleanflight bin file to it within the rescue mode. This enabled me to install drivers when externally powered only. I'm able to use this. But can't seem to use Librepilot at all.

I'll let you know when I flash the bootloader currently waiting for the st-link hardware.

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 06:23:42 pm »
If you have CleanFlight talking to it in rescue mode, you can use CleanFlight to flash bl_coptercontrol.hex and then use LP GCS in manual rescue mode to install LP firmware.

I built this with a dirty sandbox.  Changes that do not affect this file.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 06:29:39 pm by TheOtherCliff »

memz180

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2017, 01:11:58 pm »
Hi Cliff,

Thanks, however still no luck, when flashed i can connect to rescue mode however windows is still stating that the device USB is unrecognized which was the original error. So cant seem to get it to connect.

I can however get it back to clean flight and Beta flight with no issues. I've been trying for a week straight for hours.

I guess having clean or beta is better than having nothing at all. It is the spare board. I do read you other post this one has the yellow cover and this one is currently not installed. I'm assuming I do have the clone without bootloader.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 01:18:06 pm by memz180 »

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2017, 10:19:07 pm »
So were you able to successfully use CF to flash the file I posted?

And after that, plugging in USB you should get a fading on and off LED.

And using manual rescue method with LP GCS (press Rescue THEN plug in USB) it connects or not?  If that doesn't get an error, then right there you should be able to do Upgrade and Erase.

After that it should work normally.

So exactly where do you have the first problem?