memz180

Re: CC3D not detected by PC? Orange blinkning light
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2017, 05:01:12 am »
I flash using clean flight, it states that the file has been loaded, the LED not sure if its fading on and off didn't really notice.

Once i load the LP GCS i disconnect the battery and USB, just connect the USB, it will then flash the LP software then it hangs while rebooting and gives me an error.

If i then connect with the external power source battery + USB it states USB not recognized. if i plug in just USB nothing happens and it does not come up on the device manager.

For the other way around :-

I click rescue, then flash the clean flight file it loads successfully. Then i plug in the external power source it then detects and connects to the software.

memz180

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2017, 01:15:10 am »
Hi All,

Further to the previous message. I have purchased another CC3D board from Ebay. This one continuously disconnects i have tried everything including installing other boot loaders through the STLink. This one would be faulty.

Please see YouTube video and let me know if anyone has faced these issues ?

Thanks,

Mem

peikin

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2019, 02:41:44 pm »
hello I have the same problem, I think orange led are in boards that are clones of the real cc3d, i have tried all to bring it to life but is impossible, I don't think what happen with my board, I used an FTDI cable and bridge the to pads with my finger and plug in in the usb of my pc, st flash demonstrator tool detect it and I could flash it with the firmware original from cc3d provided in the page a person linked above but it doesnt work too and I could realize that my board has 64K of flash not 128K like original so it can be the problem why it doesn't work, maybe clones has a light firmware of the original.

The problem with mine is when I want to save config to the cc3d from librepilot it stuck at 'preparing mixer settings'.

Any solution??

peikin

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2019, 01:14:13 am »
Hi All,

Further to the previous message. I have purchased another CC3D board from Ebay. This one continuously disconnects i have tried everything including installing other boot loaders through the STLink. This one would be faulty.

Please see YouTube video and let me know if anyone has faced these issues ?

Thanks,

Mem

I think I have solution to your problem, I have fight with this board so much!

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2019, 07:56:01 am »
The problem with mine is when I want to save config to the cc3d from librepilot it stuck at 'preparing mixer settings'.

Any solution??

Are you sure your GCS and CC3D are running the same version?  16.09?  You can look on Firmware tab

I would try another USB cable
and then (important for this test to wait the full 120 seconds during Erase):
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=4555.msg30943#msg30943

and even try powering with both 5V from flight battery -> ESC/BEC and USB while doing the failing step.

After that, I would verify that the external flash chip is installed and is the correct type and memory size.  Also that the CPU is the correct type.

peikin

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2019, 03:37:36 am »

Any solution??

Are you sure your GCS and CC3D are running the same version?  16.09?  You can look on Firmware tab

I would try another USB cable
and then (important for this test to wait the full 120 seconds during Erase):

and even try powering with both 5V from flight battery -> ESC/BEC and USB while doing the failing step.

After that, I would verify that the external flash chip is installed and is the correct type and memory size.  Also that the CPU is the correct type.

yes, i upgrade it  and erase it but doesn't work, I have not waited 120 seconds after flashing and erasing, the progress bar go so fast and after that just reboot.

With battery  should not save because librepilot don't let me save when battery is connected so I don't think this can work.

I have not verified if the chip has flash installed, i don't know what chip can be but I know with betaflight save config so it can't be the problem.

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2019, 04:51:41 am »
BetaFlight uses non-volatile storage built into the CPU chip.  LibrePilot uses the external flash chip.  If external flash is broken, BF will work and LP will not.

Please try the rescue procedure at:
.. It does not reboot automatically after the Erase.

Or you can even do skip the Update part in those instructions and when it says do Update and Erase, just do Erase Settings.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 05:29:21 am by TheOtherCliff »