ArnhemAnt

UAV landing and take-off mat
« on: September 06, 2015, 12:55:11 am »
Due to my location, I have a LOT of dirt and dust to contend with and want to try and keep this away from my motors, etc. I have designed a mat which measures 1500mm square. I plan to have this made in vinyl so it is durable.
I have attached a first draft of the mat as I would really like your opinions, particularly in the way that I have integrated the Pre-flight and Post-flight checklists. If you have suggestions on things to add or remove please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 07:41:33 am by ArnhemAnt »
If you do what you need, you’re surviving. If you do what you want, you’re living.

liftbag

• LibrePilot
Re: UAV landing and take-off mat
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 07:29:23 am »
English is not my language, but "flight vacinity"?

ArnhemAnt

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 07:42:48 am »
^^ Thanks. I have changed that working. Updated doc attached.
If you do what you need, you’re surviving. If you do what you want, you’re living.

m_thread

• GCS is my home
    • LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 09:22:35 am »
That mat looks very good :) Right now here in Sweden I would need an umbrella over it though. The fall rains have arrived and flying is not possible now :(
/Fredrik

ArnhemAnt

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 02:10:33 pm »
Thanks Fredrik,
Yes, our wet season is only a few months away. I'm trying to make the most of the weather at the moment, but work is seriously getting in the way.