dogood

REVOLUTION: a good pack
« on: March 27, 2016, 07:15:11 pm »
hi

I intend to switch to Revolution. I found this pack at hobbygaga, could someone tell me if it's ok, real Revolution, and the GPS, working ok?
http://www.hobbygaga.com/fr-openpilot-cc3d-revolution-contr%C3%B4leur-de-vol-avec-neo-7n-gps-433mhz-oplink-modem-int%C3%A9gr%C3%A9-avec-cadre-p270220.htm

thanks in advance
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 08:00:51 pm by f5soh »

dogood

Re: REVOLUTION: a good pack
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 07:55:42 pm »
reading this thread https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=311.15 I'm also concerned with buying a "real" Revo, not a clone, which means possible bad baro or other components...

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 08:00:15 pm »
Looks like this one follow original design.

Seems Gps without I2C mag (at least in description)
No Oplink that can be connected to computer

All boards in market are clones now, last genuine Revo are 2 years old maybe.

dogood

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 08:02:43 pm »
so I was thinking I'd buy the board only http://www.hobbygaga.com/fr-openpilot-cc3d-revolution-contr%C3%B4leur-de-vol-433mhz-oplink-modem-int%C3%A9gr%C3%A9-avec-cadre-p270219.htm

then test the baro magneto etc as in mention thread

then purchase workable and quality GPS, SONAR and so on, with advise from the experts here!

thanks a lot!

:D

Mateusz

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 09:24:36 pm »
Neo7M has two cables on picture. One cable is 6 pins and other one is 2 pins. The one with 6 pins has 4 wires seems like gps, other cable 4 pins with 2 wires seems like auxmag.

Picture showing OP GPS is just copied from somewhere and you cant connect NeoM7 at least this model they sell like OP GPS. Its mIght be GPS with mag and additonal I2C cable for auxmag unless stated otherwise in description.

Also it is unclear what size are the connectors from GPS. They might be 1.25 which wont fit into Revo. Ask seller if that is the case.

If they follow original design, I would say its a good deal. You can change connectors on GPS easily, but dont expect it will use only main-port if it has auxmag (if).

If unsure ask seller. There are no original revo produced anymore. This clone migt be best you can get when it comes to flight controller.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 09:28:12 pm by Mateusz »

dogood

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 10:50:49 am »
hi

ok thanks!

I didn't know Revo boards where not "genuine" but clones of two years old original model. So I'm wondering, is there a flight controller, supported by librepilot, which is "up to date", no clone, genuine with all possible config, such as fpv of course but also good gps, mag, sonar etc.

Happy Easter by the way!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 11:48:05 am »
LibrePilot software currently supports Revolution boards (Revo Nano, Revo Mini) and CC3D boards.
We don't provide hardware, sorry.

Next release add support to I2C mag and Naza GPS (and his mag).

dogood

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 11:54:41 am »
thanks Laurent

I think I'll go for a revolution board with librepilot, but only if I can find for sure a good clone!

I understand building your own hardware must be a lot of hard work to be done; I'm also very interested by AI on drones. I read some teams managed to implement some deep learning and self flying without gps! It's too early, but I'm pretty shure within the next two or three years, we'll be able to fly with some "alphago" type of AI on our drones!

thanks again for the quick answers, I'll be back when ready to go for Revolution!!

Mateusz

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 09:14:33 pm »
To be honest most of open hardware ends up either being modified or produced in China. Best is to buy from a trusted sources with a clear return policy and ask seller if in doubt.
When it comes to Revolution it is correct that it's been around for some years already, but the reason for keeping this design is because no one wanted to chase the rabbit without a good reason. Revolution still has a lot of not unlocked potential,  and a lot of still can be done with it. You can also see newer designs appearing, many of them though use not just similar but exactly the same micro-controller. It's really a decent hardware with a huge community and despite being mature a lot of work is still going on to make firmware for it even better :)

dogood

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2016, 03:16:14 pm »
hi everybody

Time has come for me to switch to Revolution, GPS, Attitude Hold, etc so I was quickly reading again this topic.

Best is to buy from a trusted sources with a clear return policy and ask seller if in doubt.

That's what I'm looking for, no doubt! So if you know about these trusted sources, please let me know.

Here are two products

- hobbyking: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__89563__OpenPilot_CC3D_Revolution_Revo_32bit_F4_Based_Flight_Controller_w_Integrated_433Mhz_OPLink.html

- banggood: http://www.banggood.com/fr/OpenPilot-CC3D-Revolution-Revo-10DOF-STM32F4-Flight-Controller-Staight-Pin-p-1000068.html

How the hell do you choose one or the other?

thanks

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2016, 03:39:32 pm »
How the hell do you choose one or the other?

Same crap in both sides, look where they placed the "Power" led... close to the hole.
This Revo do not follow original design, this one with colored output connectors.

dogood

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 05:39:43 pm »
hi

Found another product: https://www.unmannedtechshop.co.uk/openpilot-cc3d-revolution-flight-controller/

What do you think about this one?

thanks

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2016, 05:52:28 pm »
Looks ok, at least for the design they use.

dogood

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2016, 05:56:02 pm »
Thanks f5soh!

May I ask you, could you explain a little bit the "design" stuff? I'm not an engineer, I know very few about electronic, almost nothing that is to say, but I like it so much when I can learn and understand!

regards