hwh

Re: Revo AuxMag
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2016, 05:50:00 am »
If you right click on the map a menu will pop up.  On it select UAV and then clear uav trail.  In the same UAV menu you can turn the trail off if you don't want it.

zukenj

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2016, 02:57:41 pm »
hwh,

Thanks, like always good information.

FS-TH9X RC
F450 Clone
Revolution FC
EMAX 2213 935 KV
HK 30A ESC UBEC running BLHeli 14.4
10x4.5 Propellers
DJI Naza clone Ublox M8N GPS

ptbh

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2016, 05:43:36 pm »
I too have taken the step of compiling 'next' to give the auxilary compass a try.  However, after taking quite a while to compile, it would appear it ended with a number of makefile errors:

Makefile:2364: recipe for target 'configgadgetwidget.o' failed
mingw32-make[4]: *** [configgadgetwidget.o] Error 1
mingw32-make[4]: Leaving directory 'C:/msys64/home/librepilot/build/librepilot-g                                                                                                                                                                                               cs_release/src/plugins/config'
Makefile:519: recipe for target 'sub-config-make_first' failed
mingw32-make[3]: *** [sub-config-make_first] Error 2
mingw32-make[3]: Leaving directory 'C:/msys64/home/librepilot/build/librepilot-g                                                                                                                                                                                               cs_release/src/plugins'
Makefile:127: recipe for target 'sub-plugins-make_first-ordered' failed
mingw32-make[2]: *** [sub-plugins-make_first-ordered] Error 2
mingw32-make[2]: Leaving directory 'C:/msys64/home/librepilot/build/librepilot-g                                                                                                                                                                                               cs_release/src'
Makefile:40: recipe for target 'sub-src-make_first-ordered' failed
mingw32-make[1]: *** [sub-src-make_first-ordered] Error 2
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory 'C:/msys64/home/librepilot/build/librepilot-g                                                                                                                                                                                               cs_release'
Makefile:269: recipe for target 'gcs' failed
mingw32-make: *** [gcs] Error 2[/i][/i][/i]

Any suggestions on what I have done wrong?  I following the instructions on the below link:

https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Windows+Building+and+Packaging#WindowsBuildingandPackaging-Introduction

Thanks in advance for any suggestions on how to fix?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2016, 06:38:37 pm »
Code: [Select]
qmake -v
If you are using qt5.6, wait for a fix.

ptbh

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2016, 09:39:01 pm »
Hi f5soh, thanks for the quick reply.  Yes, it does look like I am using Qt ver 5.6.0.  I see it is installed during the 'install required packages' step.  Not keen to wait for a fix as I wish to try using the aux mag ASAP.  The question is, how can I install Qt ver 5.5.1 and get the make process to use that version instead of 5.6.0?  I do actually have 5.5.1 on my machine.  Is is just a case of pointing the system variables to that?  Many thanks for any guidance you can provide.  Kind regards, Paul.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 10:10:11 am by ptbh »

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2016, 04:44:11 pm »
I would like to use an gps with mag on a revo board, using the flexi port via I2C, (http://www.banggood.com/it/OpenPiolot-CC3D-Revolution-Flight-Controller-Oplink-M8N-GPS-Distribution-Board-p-1000084.html).
So I have try to build the next version of GCS, I followed the instruction for building and packaging (https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Windows+Building+and+Packaging#WindowsBuildingandPackaging-GetthecodeusingMsys2) everything seems ok but the build abort with the following errors:

Makefile:2544: recipe for target 'configgadgetwidget.o' failed
mingw32-make[4]: Leaving directory 'C:/msys32/home/raffa_000/librepilot/build/librepilot-gcs_release/src/plugins/config'
mingw32-make[3]: Leaving directory 'C:/msys32/home/raffa_000/librepilot/build/librepilot-gcs_release/src/plugins'
mingw32-make[2]: Leaving directory 'C:/msys32/home/raffa_000/librepilot/build/librepilot-gcs_release/src'
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory 'C:/msys32/home/raffa_000/librepilot/build/librepilot-gcs_release'
mingw32-make: *** [gcs] Error 2

I tried with different PC, one with W10 and another with Seven but  I always had the same error.

Anybody can help me? :-D

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2016, 05:35:24 pm »
Moved post here.

Wait for fix that need to be merged tomorrow.
https://bitbucket.org/librepilot/librepilot/pull-requests/209/lp-208-qt-560/diff

hwh

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2016, 06:23:39 pm »
I would like to use an gps with mag on a revo board, using the flexi port via I2C, (http://www.banggood.com/it/OpenPiolot-CC3D-Revolution-Flight-Controller-Oplink-M8N-GPS-Distribution-Board-p-1000084.html).
So I have try to build the next version of GCS,...

Unrelated to your compile problem, have you taken the gps apart and checked to see if it actually has the mag chip in it?  The single 4 wire cable shown on Banggood is just for the gps portion.  I2C external mag requires another two wire cable to carry the mag data. Some people who have purchased gps units looking like that one have found that the mag chip was inside and they just needed to solder on another cable.  At least one person found that the mag chip wasn't installed inside.

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2016, 07:01:21 pm »

Unrelated to your compile problem, have you taken the gps apart and checked to see if it actually has the mag chip in it?  The single 4 wire cable shown on Banggood is just for the gps portion.  I2C external mag requires another two wire cable to carry the mag data. Some people who have purchased gps units looking like that one have found that the mag chip was inside and they just needed to solder on another cable.  At least one person found that the mag chip wasn't installed inside.
Yes the mag chip was inside, i have soldered another cable just with sda and scl to connect to flexiport.
Ok I'll try tomorrow  :D

heubie

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2016, 09:15:59 pm »
After 30 min I had the hardware ready..... butt i'm trying now for 2 days to build the "next"version on 3 different (windows 32 and 64). But no succes. I will try one more time tomorrow but if this fails could somebody share a windows version so I can test the hardware.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2016, 09:59:20 pm »
If you can't wait tomorrow, set another repo and get windows / Qt5.6 compatible branch.

Code: [Select]
git remote add bitbucket_alessio https://bitbucket.org/alessiomorale/librepilot.git
git fetch bitbucket_alessio
git checkout bitbucket_alessio/Qt-5.6_Support_Win

heubie

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2016, 05:51:04 pm »
Didn't have any time yesterday so tried this afternoon. The "next" version still gave the same error's as PTBH had yesterday.
Tried to build the one that F5SOH mentioned. Build perfectly but after install (tried on two different pc's) nothing happed.
Not even a process in the taskmanager.
Can anybody provide a file for windows which will install and help me test I2C mag.

Regs

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2016, 08:38:39 pm »
Always the same...  :-\
          ^
Makefile:2364: recipe for target 'configgadgetwidget.o' failed
mingw32-make[4]: Leaving directory 'C:/msys64/home/raffa_000/librepilot/build/librepilot-gcs_release/src/plugins/config'
mingw32-make[3]: Leaving directory 'C:/msys64/home/raffa_000/librepilot/build/librepilot-gcs_release/src/plugins'
mingw32-make[2]: Leaving directory 'C:/msys64/home/raffa_000/librepilot/build/librepilot-gcs_release/src'
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory 'C:/msys64/home/raffa_000/librepilot/build/librepilot-gcs_release'
mingw32-make: *** [gcs] Error 2

hwh

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2016, 09:08:46 pm »
You're trying to compile "next", it's a development branch not release.  :)  Most of the time it compiles and runs fine, sometimes like now it's in the middle of changes and doesn't compile.  Like now it's usually related to supporting all three platforms, linux, windows, and Mac.  Currently it compiles fine on linux and I think they got Mac working, windows is still being worked on.

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2016, 12:19:43 pm »
Now I'have builded without error and installed librepilot, but don't start:
"Unable to start... libpcre-1.dll.. is not present".
 :(