tdr_250

• I'm developing frames for fpv please give critics
Re: Introducing Flight Test Team
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2016, 09:51:08 am »
I'm testing all the time anyway since I'm developing my tdr_250 frames so I really like to help if it's ok running prototype quad copter that crashes allot anyway ....a bit less now since I've been worked out some of the frames construction issues.....

I'm almost the happy owner of a cc3d rev F4,

And the intention is to fly allot I have this as a hobby project but a really seriously fun one....

I'm having a diagnocis that make my body hurt and I'm struggling with walking and so but I can fly that's my only freedom I would love to help because I don't think I'm much help to anyone since I don't working anymore....

Hope I can take part!
@tdr_250 on Pinterest

Drone developing by pain and crash report think redo in a better Way !

liftbag

• LibrePilot
« Reply #106 on: September 25, 2016, 03:34:13 pm »
I'm testing all the time anyway since I'm developing my tdr_250 frames so I really like to help if it's ok running prototype quad copter that crashes allot anyway ....a bit less now since I've been worked out some of the frames construction issues.....

I'm almost the happy owner of a cc3d rev F4,

And the intention is to fly allot I have this as a hobby project but a really seriously fun one....

I'm having a diagnocis that make my body hurt and I'm struggling with walking and so but I can fly that's my only freedom I would love to help because I don't think I'm much help to anyone since I don't working anymore....

Hope I can take part!
You are welcome.
The FFT was not involved in the testing of the 16.09 because of the release candidate actual mechanism.
The problem is known, and I think things will change regarding the next release.

Paolo

« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2016, 09:11:57 pm »
Hey guys,

I've been a OP/LP user for over 3 years and would love to help test stuff. I have several weeks of vacation to use before the end of the year, and plan on doing lots of flying. Lemme know if you need help of the flight test team.

Josh

gitit20

• If it will fly I will crash it.
« Reply #108 on: October 16, 2016, 08:27:46 pm »
Hey, guys, I am semi back downloaded the RC firmware and will install tonight and go flying a bit. I've been gone for a bit but should be back into it a little more now.
Do the best you can It's all you can do.

jtrout19

« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2016, 05:37:02 am »
I would love to help out. I have been flying quads for almost a year now. I have a 550 and a 250. Revolutions on both of them. Oplink on one no oplink on the other. Naza gps on one ublox on the other. minimosd on both. I use windows 10 and 7 mostly. I have linux as well, still trying to learn it though.

So if you need another then count me in. Im not scared! Anything can be fixed right?

aa5gp

« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2017, 06:52:03 am »
Don't know how well you guys are staffed at this point but I'm happy to offer my services. I have over 40 years of experience testing both hardware and software. I have plenty of good flying weather as I'm on the Gulf Coast and I can well afford to crash a few drones, if it should come to that :)
.- .- ..... --. .--.

« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2017, 10:54:32 pm »
Crashing is plus!  It is a good excuse to build another one...  :)
Go to the wiki, follow the instructions to build everything from source, then think of something you want to code and roll up your sleeves.  That's the best way to get started.

« Reply #112 on: August 03, 2017, 03:58:25 pm »
Hello, i would  like to be on the flight team and help out where i can . For the time being i only have a clone cc3d  that came with my 250 multirotor.  Anything I can do to help Lp would be an honor.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 02:56:27 pm by Wayne'sWorld »

« Reply #113 on: August 07, 2017, 06:59:54 am »
I didn't reply, hoping that someone who knows more than I would.  :)

Back in the OP days, there was an official FTT that tried to test most everything (even the tedious old stuff) and filled out test forms, but this seems to have faded.  Now days there is/was a guy in the forum who built "next" fairly regularly and people who were interested in playing with bleeding edge features would test that and post if they had problems.  Of course anyone can download the source, read the wiki for build instructions and buiild whatever version they want.

Mateusz

« Reply #114 on: August 07, 2017, 08:22:44 am »
I think there are two level of checks:
  • Each PR (pull-up request) to merge developers code, requires 4 reviewers to accept it. It can't also be merged by the authoring developer himself. So usually multiple people review it before it gets accepted.
  • People who do reviews also fly next, some keep tinkering with their aircraft, upgrading old, getting new. Coming up with ideas or always are on next, so it's tested by usage.
Last time I build next was Saturday (2 days ago), just to update 2 micro quads and 1 bigger quad, but went to fly with bigger one to test fpv hardware upgrade.

If you want to help, would be good if you could familiarize yourself with git
Code: [Select]
git add remote somedev http://bitbucket.com/somedev/librepilot
git fetch somedev
git branch -a
git checkout somedev/featureToReview
# here usual make clean ; make ....

You could also familiarize yourself with git merge or git rebase commands which allow you to combine next with someones work locally.
This is pretty good tutorial which if followed step by step will make you good at using git https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials

Then you can go to bitbucket website and look for PR (pull-up requests), test  them out, give comments.
For already merged code, usual features are stable and well tested, but if you use something unusual, and notice a problem. You can try fixing it or reporting it to devs.

How to build software from git for different operating systems you can find on Wiki for example for Linux https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/57671696/Linux+-+Building+and+Packaging