Jhinta

Re: Revo AuxMag
« Reply #360 on: November 20, 2016, 10:43:34 pm »
I already tried it with disabled I2C on flexi port.
this was my first try. please find attached a screenshot.

usually I had a S-Bus receiver on main port, therefore main port should work.
And with the other Port its working ? That pic is showing that nothing is connected ( bad cables , solder , bad Port )

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D855 met Tapatalk

« Reply #361 on: November 21, 2016, 12:01:29 am »
Use a magnifying glass to look inside the Revo Mainport for bent pins.  I bet that is the problem, and the Mainport does not work at all.  A bent over pin can be straighted with an #11 Xacto to move it a little to start with, then very very very thin needlenose pliers or hemostat to clamp over the pin to straighten it.

Also, I fixed a clone Revo for a friend that had a tiny solder short on Mainport.  The tiny chip with the protection components close to the connector.

Spz0

« Reply #362 on: November 22, 2016, 07:49:44 pm »
I'm having an issue and I just want to make sure that I have things hooked up right before proceeding with my troubleshooting. I have an m8n GPS and have soldered wires for my mag (see pics - red is "scl", black is "sda"). I have them pinned up on the jumper in slot 3 and 4 respectively (see pic). I'm running a Revo mini. I'm getting Aux mag not found when connected to flexi using I2c protocol. Using latest gcs (16.09 I believe - not at home to verify). Im wondering a couple things. Could the fc not be sending enough power to the GPS to power both (as I am not using an ext 5v bec, I'm powering through the fc). Or maybe I'm pinned wrong?
Can someone shed some light on the situation for me?
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

jtrout19

« Reply #363 on: November 22, 2016, 08:39:18 pm »
Have you tried swapping wires in your connector just to see. I know it can be easy to do it backwards.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #364 on: November 22, 2016, 09:19:49 pm »
Most GPS that comes without I2C mag wires seems defective.

Not sure if this is a picture effect but looks like the mag chip is not soldered in a right place, use a magnifier and check if all pins are placed right compared to the pads.
Chip case seems shifted to the left.

Spz0

« Reply #365 on: November 22, 2016, 09:52:39 pm »
Most GPS that comes without I2C mag wires seems defective.

Not sure if this is a picture effect but looks like the mag chip is not soldered in a right place, use a magnifier and check if all pins are placed right compared to the pads.
Chip case seems shifted to the left.

Excuse the ignorance but is this the mag?
It is on point and solder joints are good as far as I can tell

Jhinta

« Reply #366 on: November 22, 2016, 10:28:45 pm »
Nope  l88e is , thats your gps, also try swapping Red and Black cable

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D855 met Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 10:31:51 pm by Jhinta »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #367 on: November 22, 2016, 10:31:32 pm »

Spz0

« Reply #368 on: November 23, 2016, 03:55:39 am »

It is shifted a little but all the solder points are good. I'm perplexed. Gonna run some more tests tonight, and maybe provide an external 5v power source to the GPS.
Will post results!

Spz0

« Reply #369 on: November 23, 2016, 04:20:57 am »
Here is :

Is there a translation for this? Or a similar tutorial?

« Reply #371 on: November 27, 2016, 06:12:35 pm »
Hello, I have little problem with the Mag calibration process. I am using GCS 16.09 RC2 at Win10 tablet. I followed the instructions from this forum started the Mag calibration, "skip" the 5 steps and at the last step I pick up my quad and do the calibration dance (like on the ArduCopter Calibration video) than save the last step but nothing happened - the GCS is stuck - Not Responding and I have to kill the GCS. When I try to calibrate it the way that I just very quickly rotate it chaotically and hit the save button then it is ok, the mag is green and I can fly with occasional Mag warning. But I think that it is not properly done.
Is there some time limit for the calibration step?
QAV280 like, Revo clone, 6045 bullnose, RCX2208 1800kV, 4s 1800mAh, Devo10 with OPlink, FPV VTx 600mW, DJI GPS clone.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #372 on: November 27, 2016, 06:28:13 pm »
Is there a translation for this? Or a similar tutorial?

All steps are described with english comments.

s there some time limit for the calibration step?
There is no time limit.
Sounds like a connection lost between computer and board while calibrating.

Mateusz

« Reply #373 on: November 27, 2016, 07:19:34 pm »

It is shifted a little but all the solder points are good. I'm perplexed. Gonna run some more tests tonight, and maybe provide an external 5v power source to the GPS.
Will post results!

Not sure how good are you with embedded electronics, but I would try power gps from Arduino and try to read whoami register over i2c bus using Arduino. Plenty tutorials online. That would be independent check if your mag is functioning.

But first check wiring http://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Aux+Mag+Setup+and+Calibration

End of page table shows wiring.

Jhinta

« Reply #374 on: January 07, 2017, 04:57:45 pm »
finaly got it full working, used a i2c mag .
for some reason the dji clone didnt work well with the mag have to retest it.
also i would to like to know witch gps they use , as my current one sees like 10+ (gps/and other forgot the name )
if they only use gps , i thing i will keep it like this
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 10:27:24 pm by Jhinta »