Re: Revo AuxMag
« Reply #345 on: September 24, 2016, 06:39:43 pm »
Why would Aux Mag Orientation change from one day to the next?  :o

Twice now, following an erase and upgrade (on the same frame, same components, same layout), I've initially had to set yaw to +90 to obtain all zero's in the bargraphs. V9 GPS arrow facing front of quad.  Revo rotated -90. Both mags calibrated with no errors.  Performed auto tune (way cool btw) and continued to fly 'til battery depleted. 

Next batt checked mags, both consistently green, BUT  X=32, Y=10, Z=-2.  Changed yaw orientation from 90 to 0, all bargraphs now at zero, any orientation.

Still trying to Grok all the new stuff.

It sounds like it needed a reboot, maybe after setting "rotate virtual" and before checking mags?

If you can give steps to recreate we can at least include instructions to avoid this issue.  :)

ggrif

« Reply #346 on: September 26, 2016, 06:44:26 pm »
Tried 3 upgrade erase/calibrate sessions so far. And, of course, I can't replicate the issue  :-\
Will post if I see problem again.

Question, a little off topic but relevant I think, I've been doing a lot of bench work lately to try to understand better how all this works.  I've noticed while monitoring the flight data screen while a test frame sits stationary on a plastic trash barrel in the street in front of my house that the GPS health gadget turns black with a red x fairly frequently, once every minute or two. Are these dropouts normal?  I've seen it with  BG Revo/OP V9, OP Revo/OP V9, and Sparky2/genuine Naza. Plan to test with Nano and Falcon soon.

« Reply #347 on: October 18, 2016, 07:13:41 pm »
Red X is supposed to mean "hardware problem".  The only way I can think of that it would be intermittent would be intermittent bad data.  Bad power might cause that.  Also, changing the GPS autoconfigure for ubx/OP GPS's can cause it.  Some kinds of the clone DJI GPSs send a lot of bad packets (like about 1 per second), but work OK with the packets that get through.  Are you using a switching BEC (efficient but noisy) or linear BEC (inefficient, hot, but clean power).  Also, if you have any kind of transmitter in the aircraft, you might switch it off for a test.  Even modern RC receivers transmit data back to the transmitter.  Just things to test.

Jhinta

« Reply #348 on: October 20, 2016, 08:34:15 pm »
Finaly got a working dji protocal clone gps unit, just a Q,
does ubxgnss setting work? or is it usa only ? or do i need to change it with ublox center?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #349 on: October 20, 2016, 08:49:22 pm »
You cannot change settings while you the Naza GPS.
Between the Ublox module and output lines, there is a CPU.
I doubt you can change something using Ucenter, and if changed, the internal CPU will erase your custom settings at next boot.

Jhinta

« Reply #350 on: October 20, 2016, 09:13:27 pm »
You cannot change settings while you the Naza GPS.
Between the Ublox module and output lines, there is a CPU.
I doubt you can change something using Ucenter, and if changed, the internal CPU will erase your custom settings at next boot.
I get the cpu part , but what setting are used ? Wat i realy want to know is witch sats are used (usa only?)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D855 met Tapatalk

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #351 on: October 20, 2016, 10:05:08 pm »
According to the numbers of sats you have, you can know if Russian sats are used or not.

Jhinta

« Reply #352 on: October 20, 2016, 10:10:37 pm »
According to the numbers of sats you have, you can know if Russian sats are used or not.
why didn't I comeup  with that . Still have to do outside test raining for the last days. Tnx

jtrout19

Got Them Aux Mag Problems!!
« Reply #353 on: November 13, 2016, 06:01:16 am »
Thought you guys would find this amusing. I am making a bit longer of a shaft just in case I am having issue in that area! Only about a couple inches.

« Reply #354 on: November 20, 2016, 06:48:15 pm »
Hello,

As my (complete own build) copter fly quit well wit the revolution board and without GPS I tried to activate GPS.
Added the wires to GPS for I2C of mag sensors.
connect GPS to main port and aux. mag to Flexi port.

But now there is the problem. If I Connect the GPS to the main port it is not recognized anymore.
When I connect the GPS to Flexiport the Revo board recognize the GPS without any problems, outside I get satellites and GPS went to "Green" on flight data.
If I switch GPS back to main port it is not recognized any more.
Aux Mag. Sensors on Flexi are working...

any ideas?

Jhinta

« Reply #355 on: November 20, 2016, 07:01:34 pm »
1 when using langer cables is Just More negatief for i2c
2 using i2c and gps can give problems because of to Low pullup resistors .
3 the best i Have found to work is Just use a dji clone you dont Have those problems
4 and it doesnt Mater witch Port your using aslong as it work

And your problems seem to be startup init of i2c Read past info thats why dji protocol is recommended

« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 07:07:12 pm by Jhinta »

« Reply #356 on: November 20, 2016, 08:22:58 pm »
also when I disconnect aux Mag. from Flexi port, the GPS is not working on main port
I also tried disable flexi port

Jhinta

« Reply #357 on: November 20, 2016, 08:31:14 pm »
Disable i2c and test Both ports if they are working Just normale gps mode Does that work ? So No i2c enabled !

If Yes you Have problems with startup
When i2c is enabled

« Reply #358 on: November 20, 2016, 08:38:22 pm »
I would start with GPS working and mag disabled.

Then move the GPS to Mainport and get it working.

To move the GPS all you should have to do is move the plug to the other port and set it up that way Configuration -> Hardware tab.

Then get the aux mag working on Flexiport.

« Reply #359 on: November 20, 2016, 10:22:00 pm »
I already tried it with disabled I2C on flexi port.
this was my first try. please find attached a screenshot.

usually I had a S-Bus receiver on main port, therefore main port should work.