Jhinta

Re: Revo AuxMag
« Reply #255 on: May 12, 2016, 07:10:46 pm »
Man I hate to keep coming back for help but!  (Asked vendor for return of 1st unit without chip, thanks guys) Soldered wires to SCL & SDA on unit with chip plugged into Flixi port pins 3 & 4.  But the I2C port stays black in flat info.  Spent hours reading posts etc and think I have setup right - Main port GPS etc and GPS works, Flexi port to I2C.  Magnatometer tab set Aux Only, I2C and of course says no aux mag found.  Calibrated onboard mag and it goes green

Hope I provided enough info,vwould appreciate any help

Ps. Ohm metered connections from GPS board to Flexiport connector both good

witch board are you using ?  you have two right? did the one with mag work?
more info about that gps so others know

if mag is black it means nothing conected (missing chip , or bad cable or twist ) organge means time out -> increas time out
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 07:14:49 pm by Jhinta »

Roypw

« Reply #256 on: May 12, 2016, 08:32:35 pm »
Using GPS with green board in pic above, M7N and has chip. REVO felt ctlr.

Mag us red but u believe because onboard mag reads only 5% or so,bi am now in my basement and calibration is marginal. 

However I am not worried about mag color now, without I2C green I am not going to get any mag, right. Did you miss that in my post?

Jhinta

« Reply #257 on: May 12, 2016, 09:41:04 pm »
I dont get it does your mac works now. As in does the board see the mac ? Is i2s green or orange or blak? Anwser that first.

Also if you have a high current or somthing els neer your mac it will never be good that why we use aux max to overcome this. But i didnt make your quad so dont know . what i do know is when you connect those wires to i2c you aux mag sould work ( as in working ) not that its calibrated it will show red by default

If i2c is black -> mainboard doesnt see anything connect to board meaning bad cable or gps unit is bad ( mac realy not connected on traces or just bad) bad solder by user .
Orange -> something is connected but time out didnt get info in time
Green mac is seen and data oke

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D855 met Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 10:00:25 pm by Jhinta »

Jhinta

« Reply #258 on: May 12, 2016, 09:43:45 pm »
Or make a pic of your status window
And your wire setup from gps to mainboard.
Also test for volt ( does the mac get power its 2 of the 4 solderd output of the mac !) you cant break it, just test 2 outer pins sould read somthing like 3v or 5v orso

« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 10:17:08 pm by Jhinta »

Roypw

« Reply #259 on: May 13, 2016, 02:42:00 pm »
Appreciate your help however I think that I must first get the I2C to work first before the magnatometer will work. In flight status I2C is BLACK!  As I said above I have checked with an ohm meter from the new connections in the GPS unit to the 4 pin plug that plugs into the Flexi port they are good.  Checked SCL and SDA are connected to TX pin 3 and RX pin 4 respectively.  GPS unit has power since the GPS works great with 10 or so seats acquired. 

Even tried an external mag board, a MAG3110. I2C still stays black. Not sure this unit is comparable with Revo but had it so thought it's worth a try.

Think I am missing something simple in the Next GCS.  Lots of hours reading posts and trying different setups etc., I2C stays black. 

Going to go back through posts again to see if I missed something but getting close to giving up on this whole "build your own" quad stuff because of the lack of help and guidance. 
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 03:11:08 pm by Roypw »

Jhinta

« Reply #260 on: May 13, 2016, 02:47:27 pm »
Make a photo of you wires in your gps you mad want to see the 6 wires

Also try this swap main and flex - flexy as gps main as i2c what does that do

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 02:50:42 pm by Jhinta »

Roypw

« Reply #261 on: May 13, 2016, 02:58:42 pm »
Already tried switching Flexi and Main. I2C stayed black. I will have to open the GPS to ge a picture, but I have described what I have done and checked with ohm meter for shorts between all 6 pins checked wires from inside GPS to Flexi connector, but I will get pic

Jhinta

« Reply #262 on: May 13, 2016, 03:05:06 pm »
Also that you gps is working doesnt mean you mac get power . if they had a bad  mag they simply cut a trace or remove a smd or even remove the chip like you had. Thas wy im saying measure the volt on the mac. Also measure from pin to mac-pin for ohm are they even connected

Mateusz

« Reply #263 on: May 13, 2016, 03:13:43 pm »
Already tried switching Flexi and Main. I2C stayed black. I will have to open the GPS to ge a picture, but I have described what I have done and checked with ohm meter for shorts between all 6 pins checked wires from inside GPS to Flexi connector, but I will get pic

Hi Roypw,

Which sensor fusion algorithm are you using ? If you are using Complementary alone Mag will be black because it's not used.
Try other sensor fusion algorithm that actually uses Magnetometer (i.e Complementary+Mag).
Also you have to set source of Mag and in your case it will be I2C one.

Jhinta

« Reply #264 on: May 13, 2016, 03:15:05 pm »
Lol . having a big smile now.

Roypw

« Reply #265 on: May 13, 2016, 03:27:46 pm »
Pics

Note pin 4 on Flexi connector is red & 3 is black.  Connectors I picked up were wired that way.  Ohm meter on board all connections are good to small mag board except power which goes through a 3.3 v regulator

Roypw

« Reply #266 on: May 13, 2016, 03:31:08 pm »

Tried all settings in that pull down. As I have said several times the I2C is black!  Maybe I as missing something but until I get I2C working I am not going to see any aux mag.

Hi Roypw,

Which sensor fusion algorithm are you using ? If you are using Complementary alone Mag will be black because it's not used.
Try other sensor fusion algorithm that actually uses Magnetometer (i.e Complementary+Mag).
Also you have to set source of Mag and in your case it will be I2C one.

Roypw

« Reply #267 on: May 13, 2016, 03:38:36 pm »
Checked with power on GPS unit the small mag board has 3.3v on first pin on the left. As I said above the other 3 ohm to ground, SDA & SCL

Jhinta

« Reply #268 on: May 13, 2016, 05:28:34 pm »
Checked with power on GPS unit the small mag board has 3.3v on first pin on the left. As I said above the other 3 ohm to ground, SDA & SCL

( cant realy see how you set it up but im guesing you have the two wires to that 4 header connected to black and red witch sould be good looking at it) solder look good also And did you enabled comp.+mac for it to be on

Also a other thing the bin i have compiled is a 64bit the normal exe is x86. If you have two librepilot installs and you are opening the wrong one it will not work .make sure you have the right one open. programs or programs x86 made that mistake once my self

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 05:38:55 pm by Jhinta »

Jhinta

« Reply #269 on: May 13, 2016, 05:47:11 pm »
But looking at you photos every thing seems fine . and the mac is independed of gps it sould simply work.