Roypw

Re: Revo AuxMag
« Reply #270 on: May 13, 2016, 06:18:24 pm »
GOT IT!  I went through the process again as described here https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/plugins/servlet/mobile?contentId=18382863#content/view/18382863.

I think the mistake I was making was not going to system and expanding Settings>>Auxmag to set AuxMagSettings Type to Flexi and Usage to Aux Only.  I think I was doing it on the new Magnatometer tab.  Read the above procedure CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW IT CAREFULLY.  You can't just plug in mag and GPS and enter the right settings,bit must be done as the write up says!  Why it's so complex and step by step critical beats me! Maybe the official release of the next Librepilot will make easier.

now I have to calibrate the mag outside no metal around and work on stable flight. It's raining so it probably won't be today.

Thanks to all for the advice
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 07:58:59 pm by Roypw »

Jhinta

« Reply #271 on: May 13, 2016, 06:22:43 pm »
You aould have got that when you did your first setup ( did you do that)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D855 met Tapatalk

Jhinta

« Reply #272 on: May 13, 2016, 08:03:03 pm »
Also you need both mac enabled to calibrate it. onboard mac sould be green only then you can calibrate aux mag because of you auxmac oriƫntation is not the same as the onboard one

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #273 on: May 13, 2016, 09:17:23 pm »
You can calibrate both Mag at same time and monitor both mag alarms in Mag tab.
No need special fusion algorithm

And next adjust the AuxMag orientation using the 3 X,Y,Z bars

Roypw

« Reply #274 on: May 13, 2016, 11:20:24 pm »

Both will work with only one connector but require you to replace the connector on the cable.  Most people just splice on a pre-made cable that's available on both eBay and Amazon.

I got a Naza GPS and like you advised me I need to change the connector, no problem except I can't find a pin out of the GPS.  Know the Flexi port and there is a white striped wire on the GPS that I will assume is ground but not sure. Others are all black.  This is not the DJI Naza but a Ublox but since it's for Naza with their 4 pin connector I have my fingers crossed.(the one on eBay you sent me the link for is coming next week sometime )

Can you or anyone help me with this Naza GPS pin out so I don't smoke it

Thanks

Roy

hwh

« Reply #275 on: May 13, 2016, 11:38:52 pm »
The unmarked one is receive on the gps, I usually connect it to transmit on the FC but the gps doesn't actually pay any attention to what's sent to it.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #276 on: May 14, 2016, 10:54:25 am »
no problem except I can't find a pin out of the GPS

You can find information using Wizard, at some point there is a Connection diagram button.

And finally got the wiring:

Xviews

« Reply #277 on: May 14, 2016, 01:13:49 pm »
He dont need the delay firmware anymore, with the new next, you need to do two power cycles and I2C goes to green, i dont know why :)

After boot of fc i connect it to lp but i2c is always orange...
Dead you read this form fully?
Because if you did you know what you could have done to have it working

Anyway i have the same gps. If you cant get it green you need delay firmware.
How why where -> read, its all on the forum

« Reply #278 on: May 14, 2016, 02:29:26 pm »
The unmarked one is receive on the gps, I usually connect it to transmit on the FC but the gps doesn't actually pay any attention to what's sent to it.

Would it be possible to use this TX line for something else ( data logger, osd, etc ?)

Ben

hwh

« Reply #279 on: May 14, 2016, 03:37:18 pm »
Not currently.  It has been discussed but this is the only gps that doesn't use the line.  The ublox and Platinum GPS units are configured by the revo on boot up using this wire.

Xviews

« Reply #280 on: May 16, 2016, 05:40:51 pm »
I have a question , I have tilted engine mounts and in GCS rotate board "Pitch -10" and aux mag orient i set "Pitch -10" and all bargraph are centered but in the Documentation it says:

"Be aware that if you adjust "Rotate Virtual" -> Pitch (to get level hover in Attitude mode), you will also need to change AuxMagSettings -> BoardRotation -> Pitch by the same amount but opposite sign."

The problem is when I do this , is the x-axis by 10.

What is now correct?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #281 on: May 16, 2016, 05:44:37 pm »
If the 3 bargraphs still/return to 0 and the Attitude in PFD is correct (mean hover correctly) then you are fine.

darkdave

« Reply #282 on: May 18, 2016, 06:14:09 pm »
If I want to use the mag compass in my GPS (Neo 6m)

I have to set my fusion to Complimentary + GPS + Mag
Stability configuration to the same above.
What else?

What do I set my Sytem Settings to? I notice there is an Aux Mag setting...

I did search for the forum for "external compass" and "external mag" but it looks like I also have to upgrade my
flash software to "NEXT". Do I have to do any programming to install "NEXT"? Or can I just download a certian file and double click it when it finished downloading?

I dont want to use my internal compass anymore because im convinced its being hit by magnetic fields nearby in the drone power distribution systems. I want to only use my external Mag.

UPDATE: I just noticed this post was not deleted but moved here, so I created teh same message in my older thread labelled:"Got return to home function working" sorry I didnt mean to create a duplicate topic. I sincerely thought this message was deleted because the admin didnt want me to keep making new threads. Please do answer if u can regardless. Thanks.

Topic moved to the right thread
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 06:51:45 pm by darkdave »

« Reply #283 on: May 19, 2016, 02:44:55 pm »
I am trying to get GPS flight modes to work on my Revo board, using a UBlox Neo 7 GPS mounted on a pole.

Originally I was using the onboard mag on the revo, but after calibrating the mag (via USB), when I set it to INS13 attitude algorithm, I can see the quad thinks it is yawing and rolling wildly in the attitude simulator in Librepilot.

I have now setup the aux mag to run off the flexiport (I2C), as described here, and recalibrated, but have the same problem.

Reading this thread, it sounds symptomatic of a mag calibration issue - I've been as diligent as I can with the calibration. I have now ordered a ground-side OPLink to run the calibration remotely, removing any USB interference with the mag, but apart from it being a dodgy calibration, is there anything else that could be causing this? When I set the attitude algorithm to 'Complemetary', or even 'Complementary+Mag+GPS', it seems to be nice and stable, but when using INS13 it goes nuts.

Thanks in advance for your help,
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 04:09:52 pm by JCalver88 »

Mateusz

« Reply #284 on: May 24, 2016, 04:24:41 pm »
I have now setup the aux mag to run off the flexiport (I2C), as described here, and recalibrated, but have the same problem.

If you are using "next" branch of development code, the you should have Mag tab which shows error. How is that error <5% ?
Did you correct for different mag orientation on your GPS unit than it is on the Revo board ? (most likely)
Please also read my two posts on similar issue https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=1547.msg12281#msg12281

Did you check if your I2C bus is working ? Sometimes GPS+Mag combo is crappy and does not have strong enough pull-ups, so connection between Mag drops. This was also reported on this forum.