hwh

Re: OPlink set up--Help
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2016, 07:10:43 pm »
I may have mis-read it but did you say in the other thread that Accel and Gyro Scale were still set to -1 and you put in the virtual rotates?   The intent was for you to set Accel and Gyro Scale back to 1 when you did the rotates.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2016, 07:27:31 pm »
You can reverse servo in Output tab

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2016, 07:37:19 pm »
Yes but then it will yaw left when I use my rudder stick to yaw right. I will have to teach myself a new trick.
It will roll left when my stick says roll right, too, que no? It will react correctly but it might be pretty hard to fly.

Happy Landings!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2016, 07:41:23 pm »
Double check the stick behavior using the Radio panel in PFD maybe.

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2016, 08:47:44 pm »

I set Accel and Gyro scales to +1 , saved, and rebooted.

I then recalibrated all sensors with accelerometer mounted in the aircraft. And two of the axes were backwards. When I pitch the aircraft forward I see more sky in the graphic. The display is backwards for pitch only.

And I checked again to start with scales at +1, rebooted rcalibrated again but I used board direction to calibrate Accelerometer (not aircraft direction ) .  Now all three axes react backwards. The pitch alone is backwards on the display still.

Tried board direction (not aircraft) for magnetometer, too. The compass points to the right direction now. All three axes react backwards.

HEADACHE!  Thanks guys. I have to take a break. Yes, Laurent, the sticks control the aircraft properly. But the accel/gyro control is backwards. How do I change reaction? 

It was such a simple fix in OP to just reverse the scales and fly...
Happy Landings!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2016, 09:17:08 pm »
I don't follow what you are doing...

How react PFD finally ?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2016, 09:23:41 pm »
Post your config file.

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2016, 01:35:33 am »
Hello Laurent,

No one has answered me. I had a Beastx. When an axis reacted wrongly I could reverse it. How do I reset two of my axes that are working incorrectly?

What is a PFD? I saw the little graphic in your previous post but I am unfamiliar with it. Is it from TX set up wizard? Or vehicle wizard?

I have attached my latest uav.
thanks,
Dave

Happy Landings!

hwh

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2016, 05:24:31 am »
Good Evening Dave,

The PFD is the Primary Flight Display, the instrument sometimes called the Artificial Horizon. There are way too many abbreviations.

It took me a couple of minutes to remember where the display Laurent showed was hidden.  In the PFD lower left edge there are four icons, a gear, antenna, battery, and a tiny picture of a RC transmitter.  He was talking about the RC transmitter one. If you click it the display he showed slides out.

I've been looking back through the two threads, particularly the two pictures.  The revo-mini is mounted upside down with the arrow facing the tail?  I don't have a revo-mini (I ordered one a couple of days ago to examine but it hasn't arrived yet) but from pictures on the web it looks like it's sensors are mounted on the bottom of the board. If they are then you mounting the revo-mini upside down would put them back where they belong, on top.

I hate to ask but if it is mounted upside down, arrow pointing to tail would you try roll=0, pitch=0, and yaw=180?  Until my revo-mini arrives next week that would be my best guess based on the pictures of the revo-mini I've seen.

-Hank

jbarchuk

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2016, 06:36:48 am »
I hate to ask but if it is mounted upside down, arrow pointing to tail would you try roll=0, pitch=0, and yaw=180?  Until my revo-mini arrives next week that would be my best guess based on the pictures of the revo-mini I've seen.

Upside down and backwards, I think you need to also add roll = 180. Yaw = 180 rotates on the vertical axis, but upside down needs rotate on the longitudinal axis. https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/CC+Attitude+Configuration

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2016, 07:29:28 am »
Board rotation is ok

But looks like you set the level before you set BoardRotation.
Currently you have             
Code: [Select]
<field name="BoardRotation" values="180,0,180"/>
<field name="BoardLevelTrim" values="183.336,183.729"/>

The BoardLevelTrim need to be close to 0.

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2016, 12:47:43 pm »
No Laurent, I set board rotation first. And thanks for looking at my uav.

I first set board rotation: 180 pitch and 180 yaw. Then I did all calibrations in order. Note: accelerometer calibration orientation was per board. After all calibrations the horizon is wrong. When I pitch forward I see sky. Yaw and roll are reacting backwards. (1624Board.uav)

I redid the Accelerometer calibration with the helicopter as reference instead of the board. All three axes react backwards. And when I pitch forward I see sky in the graphic. (1624heli.uav)

I also edited the board rotation in Configuration to 0,180,0. saved. And then looked at the board rotation in System / Attitude : it showed 0,90,0 .GO FIGURE!  After I changed it to 180 pitch rotation LP decides to rotate pitch 90 degrees.

LP will not accept board roation Pitch of 180 degrees. Rotating Roll and Yaw 180 should be the same as rotating pitch 180, right ? 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 01:02:44 pm by daveapplemotors »
Happy Landings!

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2016, 02:23:24 pm »
OK I remounted the board and now the arrow is up and pointing forward.

Board rotation 0,0,0, save
Calibration complete, save
Swash reacts and moves correctly--yay

PFD is backwards for roll and yaw. ???? --Boohoohoo. Pitch is now OK> when I pitch forward I see earth.

Happy Landings!

hwh

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2016, 02:30:33 pm »
That board has the sensors on the bottom.  Now that you've remounted it "normally" instead of the yaw=180 I recommended when you had it upside down and backward you need roll=180 and the other two 0. see a couple of messages down.

edit:
The post office tracking shows my revo-mini is out for delivery so I should be able to run actual tests in about two or three hours.  The world must be ending, they're actually going to deliver early instead of late. :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 06:28:55 pm by hwh »

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2016, 03:12:58 pm »
thanks hwh,

I must go work. Later I will try board "normal" and board rotation roll 180.

thanks again Laurent
Happy Landings!