daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
OPlink set up--Help
« on: March 17, 2016, 02:25:05 pm »
I got mini OPlinks from Bangood. Using a Bangood Revolution Mini on the helicopter and a DX7s for control.

Mini Ground: The coordinator attached to the laptop sets up OK.

Mini Air: I put in the matching coordinator number from the Mini Ground and I have tried 38400 and 57600 for connection speed. BUT when I put in any value for the signal strength except 0 my flight controller locks up. It won't respond to controls with flight battery connected nor will it connect to LP's GUI. I have used "Upgrade and Erase" many times now.

I am not sure where to plug the Mini Air connector into my BG Nano Revolution because there are two possibilities-- one near the usb connector and one by itself on the end. Nor am I sure how to configure / call those two ports. I think I have tried all options...   

I perused all the threads and the wiki but found no help. Is there a good write up anywhere? Anything specific to the Mini Ground and Mini Air units that I have here? Should I ask the multirotor people?

thanks,
Happy Landings!

hwh

Re: OPlink set up--Help
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 02:56:26 pm »
Is this the one you have?  If it is hook the oplink air up like this and the pair should act like a normal revo.

Be careful with this diagram, the inset picture at the bottom is rotated from the main picture.

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 03:24:16 pm »
Thanks, that got it.
That is really cool. I can calibrate the magnetometer without a wire or computer nearby.

Edit :
Thinking further I realize that to change any parameter and save would require dis-arming, right?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 04:07:18 pm by daveapplemotors »
Happy Landings!

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 10:34:45 pm »
Hey good people,

Which way is default / normal / ordinary way to mount the board?

I am trying get orientation of the board right and learn which values to change in Configuration / Attitude / Settings / virtual attitude relative to board. My heli has the board set up in it with the nose pointed to the right (oriented like the board in the jpg drawing.) and USB to the right.

If I calibrate properly then I can switch to Attitude or Rattitude without the heli wanting to tip over immediately.
Happy Landings!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 11:01:26 pm »
Adjust virtual rotation in Attitude tab to match the right behavior in PFD (pitch/roll).

There is a table here, check arrow position on case:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Revo+Attitude+Configuration#RevoAttitudeConfiguration-VirtualAttituderotation

hwh

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 11:30:52 pm »
The best I can tell looking at pictures of the board is that the oplink-air connector should point to the front. Also the mag sensor and gyro seem to be mounted on the bottom of the board so it would probably need to be virtually rolled 180 degrees.

Best would probably to just pick up the copter, bank it, and see what the PDF display ball does.

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 12:15:49 am »
Thanks guys,

I can't use Rattitude or Attitude until I get this sorted out. I have been avoiding the problem for months happily tuning in Rate.

I have been using the graphics in Firmware or Flight Data to see if it is upright and the horizon does the right stuff when I bank or dive. When the graphic wasn't right I changed directions in System / Accelgyrosettings / Accel_scale and Gyro_scale to get the swash to react correctly and I could fly.

I went to the soccer field today, home position for my GPS, and got the Magnetometer Calibrated with my laptop 10 feet away from my heli, thanks to OPlink. I do not need to repeat Mag Calibration ever, right? Just like sensor delta temp no need to re-calibrate them, right?

I can change Acclerometer, Gyrometer and Board Level without affecting the Magnetometer parameters, correct?   

It was too windy to fly anything today anyway.
Happy Landings!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 12:48:34 am »
Putting your fingers manually into Accel_scale / Gyro_Scale is not a good idea.

Use Config tab > Attitude > Virtual rotation instead and all sensors are rotated right.

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 12:41:30 pm »
To be clear:

I will not need to repeat Mag calibration no matter how my board orientation ends up, right?
Happy Landings!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 02:02:31 pm »
Mag calibration is a 2 minutes procedure, whats the problem ?

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 02:31:48 pm »
It is 10 miles away to home position. There is no problem. I want to understand.

I can do all other calibrations (except thermal)  at home on kitchen table during this snowstorm, right?
Happy Landings!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 04:24:16 pm »
10 miles is not a issue.

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 06:16:31 pm »
Thanks Laurent,

The problem is that I do not want to do Mag calibration at my home because there are electrical wires and lots of iron nearby. Is that reasonable?

Would a Mag calibration done at my house be inferior to a calibration done at its home position? I set up the OPlink radio so that my heli will be away from interference. My home position is the center of the soccer pitch to be clear of electrical and physical interference.   

The other calibrations are independent , right?

Happy Landings!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2016, 06:41:58 pm »
You can keep your Mag calibration but seriously no need to go to soccer center for that.

You should got more interference from your Heli himself.

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2016, 06:57:30 pm »
thanks

OK just being as careful as possible. That is the only reason why I got the OPlink.

How do I reverse my servo reactions? Roll and Yaw are backasswards.
Happy Landings!