Jeuke26

Re: Micro minimosd and cc3d no communication between both
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 03:02:18 pm »
There is already a mAh counter with the arrow logo on bottom.

Be sure you wired the right input, there is two bat inputs maybe bat2 is the right one.
Also consider you don't have big current changes if you start motors without pros.

How are your values in Setup screen ?

Here are the pictures of everything, the voltage reading on the multimeter is the Vout from the current sensor at 15,39volts lipo voltage seen on the amp meter. The rest is a mystery to me... :)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 03:07:18 pm by Jeuke26 »

Jeuke26

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2016, 04:15:30 pm »
And the last two pics I can't add because I get a error all the time says my it's too big or it took too long. I'll try again a few times.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2016, 05:11:54 pm »
You should not have negative readings, set Amp offset to 0 at start.

Just to be sure, put a 3S battery and check if voltage matches more or less.

Jeuke26

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2016, 06:07:49 pm »
You should not have negative readings, set Amp offset to 0 at start.

Just to be sure, put a 3S battery and check if voltage matches more or less.

I'll try and here are the last two pictures I couldn't attach before.

Jeuke26

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2016, 06:11:27 pm »
Do I need to power the OSD only with the main port cable or the 5v from PDB as well?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2016, 06:56:43 pm »
Only one +5V line... you don't want two different +5v sources for one device.
OSD current is around 500mA, just be sure the power source can handle that.

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2016, 07:46:57 pm »
I have a Micro MinOSD also. I have had similar issues with the voltage not reading correctly and the calibration changing by itself. I had to reload the firmware again to fix it. It worked well for about 15-20 flights and then on my last flight it just stopped working all together. I have solid lights, no blinking. Fast blinking blue light is what you will see when it is communicating with the FC. Keep in mind if your FC is plugged in via the USB, the OSD will not communicate until it is unplugged. I also had the weird voltage numbers when I used Bat 1. Switching to Bat 2 fixed that. All in all it is a glitchy little device that will cause you a lot of headache. It can work well for a time once you get it configured properly. If it starts acting funny, just re-flash the firmware and recalibrate.

Jeuke26

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2016, 08:45:49 pm »

The power source is the cc3d itself through the jst plug on the main port.

Jeuke26

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2016, 08:46:46 pm »
I have a Micro MinOSD also. I have had similar issues with the voltage not reading correctly and the calibration changing by itself. I had to reload the firmware again to fix it. It worked well for about 15-20 flights and then on my last flight it just stopped working all together. I have solid lights, no blinking. Fast blinking blue light is what you will see when it is communicating with the FC. Keep in mind if your FC is plugged in via the USB, the OSD will not communicate until it is unplugged. I also had the weird voltage numbers when I used Bat 1. Switching to Bat 2 fixed that. All in all it is a glitchy little device that will cause you a lot of headache. It can work well for a time once you get it configured properly. If it starts acting funny, just re-flash the firmware and recalibrate.

Thanks, recalibrate means going in the OSD setup screen with tx itself?

What firmware are you using?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 08:59:51 pm by Jeuke26 »

jbarchuk

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2016, 10:27:56 pm »
Do I need to power the OSD only with the main port cable or the 5v from PDB as well?

f5soh, "Only one +5V line... you don't want two different +5v sources for one device."

More specifically, to avoid power loop weirdnesses, oddities and misbehaviors you don't want to connect the outputs of two independent voltage sources unless they were -intended- to do that (such as battery packs.)

-Sometimes- you need to common two ground systems together, but even that should be avoided unless necessary. Some people toss in a bunch of black wires going in all different directions to 'ground everything,' which lead to ground loop weirdnesses, oddities and misbehaviors that take 100x longer to figure out than it too to put the wires in in the first place.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 11:24:10 pm by jbarchuk »

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2016, 04:11:36 am »
I tried all the different versions of firmware I could find for it that used UAV Talk ( the protocol that CC3D uses). I think the firmware I am currently using is"MinimOSD_2.4mcm"  I am using" ArduCAM OSD Config 2.1.3.0" to configure the OSD. Hope that helps

Jeuke26

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2016, 07:53:37 am »
I tried all the different versions of firmware I could find for it that used UAV Talk ( the protocol that CC3D uses). I think the firmware I am currently using is"MinimOSD_2.4mcm"  I am using" ArduCAM OSD Config 2.1.3.0" to configure the OSD. Hope that helps

Thanks Bruce, I gave up yesterday as the current reading wasn't even near what it should be and the voltage reading didn't stay put varying between 15.12 to 15.42 on a 15.26v lipo without flying or doing anything. So it won't give me an accurate voltage reading at all I can rely on. I will try your firmware and see if it changes anything. Right now I have the artificial horizon, flight mode and throttle input OSD overlay. The reason I bought it was to have voltage reading and mah counting which don't work AT ALL.

I'll keep you posted.

Philip

Jeuke26

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2016, 12:57:06 pm »

Part 125 of the Micro Minim Osd.

Tried so many things but this happens to me at the moment, when connecting the battery voltage to monitor trough Osd I get all these strange numbers. The smallest touch down and the Osd disappears. When disconnecting the lipo voltage to Osd I don't get the strange numbers but the Osd overlay disappears with the smallest touch down. I tried connecting both 5v to the Osd, same result. Tried redirecting the ground wires from video Input together and separate, same result.

When connecting the video directly, so not passtrough the Osd I don't get the video glitch fall out on touch down.

All help or tips appreciated.

Only thing connected to the Osd is video in/out, rx/tx/ground/5v to main port on CC3D and ground/batt2 for lipo voltage.

Firmware is the KVteam Osd for micro minimosd analog input.hex file.

Just tried to power the Osd from the VTX clean 5v out, same result.

Here's a video of it.