kennyevo

Custom firmware for TX
« on: March 15, 2016, 11:45:01 am »
Hi!

I know it's not a LibrePilot related question, but I'd like to use my oplink with my fs-i6 to control my quad (it's working), and it would be cool if I could use more than 6 channels. I tried the rclogger firmware, and I can use 8 channels in trainer mode perfectly, but it doesn't have the mix capability :S

The firmwares are located here: https://github.com/benb0jangles/FlySky-i6-Mod-

It would be cool to modify the 10ch firmware mod to output the aux channels on the ppm out on the trainer port, but currently it does only 6 channels, and I don't know how could I modify the hex files :S

If anybody has experience with modifying the firmware files, please reply to this topic, it would be a very cheap way to go to 400mhz and 8-10 channels.

Thank in advance!

kennyevo

Re: Custom firmware for TX
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 07:09:53 pm »
Got an advice on rcgroups.com: Take the RX (iA6B) and the 10ch firmware, get an arduino, and convert the ibus to ppm, but not on the quad, but on the ground and use that PPM with oplink :D
It's working, currently my little station contains an arduino duemilanove I had laying around, the oplink, a HC-05 bluetooth modul and a 1s lipo battery, it's working in the GCS (I see the input changes), will test the flying tomorrow :)

aa8mc

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 04:14:51 am »
I just did the benb0jangles hack and it worked beautifully.  I ended up buying a ia10 receiver and enabled PPM on it.  I don't know about using the trainer port PPM but the ia10 is only $18 on bang good from their US warehouse.  Are you dead set on using the OPLink/433mhz?
F450 Quad Clone
Outrunner1000KV Motors
HobbyWing FlyFun 30A ESCs
1045 Props
Telemetry via OP Link
FlySky FS-i6 transmitter w/ 10 channel mod
Sparky2 Flight controller
HobbyAce UBLOX 6M GPS
Running LibrePilot next branch
MinimOSD
FlySight Spexman FPV Goggles
Floureon 5500mAh LiPos

kennyevo

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 06:35:32 pm »
I'm using the oplink for a while now, and it's working perfeclty :D (iA6B(iBUS)->Arduino(PPM)->Oplink)