hwh

Re: CC3D Bricked
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2016, 02:37:40 am »
I think you're just over thinking things.

Let's see if I can answer some of your questions:

"Slide the control till the motor starts then hit stop?"  - yes that's it, when you hit next it will ask you to do the next motor.  It's just finding out what it needs to send the esc to barely start the motor turning.

"how can it go to stick calibration when i have not even set up channels?" - it asks you to move a particular stick, say yaw, and then assigns whatever stick you move to yaw and so on.

"How can it get me to start stick calibration when i have not even setup radio?" - if you started the wizard on the main page (big yellow button) it asked you what type of radio (PPM, PWM, sbus, etc) earlier in the sequence.

"What is going on, is there another way to do this than the stupid wizard?" - yes, you can go to the config tab and enter everything manually.

"there are vids doing the Revolution...etc" - Revolution is a Chinese marketing name for the Revolution board, any video on it should apply to any revo.

"Would it be easier to go back to the last Openpilot firmware and just use Openpilot?" - not really, for all practical purposes they're the same.

As I said at the top of this message, I think you're just over thinking things.  You might have been better off if you had never seen a quadcopter before and knew nothing about them.

jbarchuk

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2016, 02:41:59 am »
Not going well, same as last time.

MOST IMPORTANT: In any troubleshooting process you start with the -first- problem, fix that, and move on. For instance you can't deal with...

It says to slide the control up until motors start then press stop.  Is that it?

...until you fix...

Not getting radio communication.
in radio setup stick calibration it starts with throttle stick but nothing is registering.
I have picked the appropriate selections for ppm and esc.

Maybe you have, but you'll never get that far until...

How can I test a ppm receiver?

You're trying to fix E, F, and G, when A and B don't work yet. UNTIL A and B are fixed E, F, and G *CAN'T* work. You're wasting time thinking about E, F, and G when in fact fixing A and B might cause eeeverything that follows to work.

This really sucks, everything i am trying does not work

Right. Without A and B -nothing- after that -can- work. They don't have the slightest chance of working.

Pick the FIRST problem and deal with it, and then move on to the next.

You asked 'How can I test a ppm receiver?' Do you know that the Tx/Rx are in fact connected and working? Plug an ESC with BEC into the Rx in the appropriate slot. Don't plug in any motor the ESC is just to give the Rx power. Plug in other servos to various Rx ports and make sure they operate as commanded by the Tx. If that works they we'll go to the next step but if they don't then -nothing- else -can- work.

Never mind videos or whatever. Unless you can find a very specific video that deals with your exact Tx, Rx, and FC then there are waaaay too many variables and possibilities. Very often a setup works only one way while there are a vaaaast number of different ways that it won't work.

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2016, 11:09:40 am »
well to you guys that already know this may seem like no problem, but to me this libre program is krud!
So many saying how easy it is, and now I hear how hard it is.
Whatever, i just need this to work.
Under think, over think, who cares!
This program really sucks, and just gives more questions than answers.
I have told my issues, but have not heard yet how to resolve them.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 11:12:46 am by no config »

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2016, 11:23:41 am »
my rx is ppm only so i do not have a channel i can plug an esc or servo  to test.
when i get to stick calibration there is nothing.
This is really too tedious try to get help online.
i am getting more philosophy than actual help with my issues

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2016, 11:25:32 am »
Post your config file and picture how you wired the receiver.

« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2016, 11:33:01 am »
I have been on RC forums for years, but have not had this much trouble trying to relay my issues and receive help.
I feel like I am just running in circles with you guys here.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2016, 11:44:28 am »
I just want some info about how you setup your receiver.

Like every technical issues the first step is diagnose.
So post your config file and picture how you wired the receiver.

« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2016, 11:49:41 am »
Post your config file and picture how you wired the receiver.
I do not know how to do that.
I am sure i have wire in proper locations

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2016, 11:52:07 am »
File > Export UAV settings and attach file here.

« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2016, 11:59:07 am »
I do not know my way around a computer that well

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2016, 12:00:35 pm »
Or Help > Export UAV settings

« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2016, 12:12:38 pm »
I don't know how to do that

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2016, 12:16:45 pm »
OSX maybe ?

How do you do to display some App menu in OSX ?

« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2016, 12:19:00 pm »
you lost me, i don't know that stuff
i am a computer idiot

ArnhemAnt

« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2016, 12:21:38 pm »
you lost me, i don't know that stuff
i am a computer idiot

Where are you located? Maybe we have someone on here that is close to where you live that can personally assist you??
If you do what you need, you’re surviving. If you do what you want, you’re living.