Had my quad go haywire, any ideas?
« on: March 03, 2016, 05:53:48 pm »
Hey there,
I recently set up a little 250 quad with a revo fc, I kept the setup fairly simply adding only a minimosd in preparation for an apm 2.5 power module I have in the mail to allow me to monitor the battery. I've used this revo board before on other builds without issue so I know it has worked. I had all the flight modes set to attitude with the throttle settings as 1.manual 2.alt vario 3.cruise control (I normally have #3 set to alt. Hold but I was trying to figure out what "cruise control" did) anyways I took it out and manual seemed ok, switched it to alt. Vario and noticed the quad was very bouncey. As if the Baro was maybe not calibrated correctly? It would hold an alt. But it was quickly oscillating ~2' above and below the set altitude. I tried the cruise control mode but I was unable to understand the relation to my tx commands.
I'm assuming I just need to run some calibrations, but before I do I was hoping someone could verify that course of action.
Also I was wanting to adjust the throttle curve in the gcs setting so that I would be able to hover easily in manual mode, but I'm afraid that will have an adverse effect on my alt. Vario mode. Any thoughts on that? I could set up a throttle curve using my tx that would allow me to have the desired curve on Manual, and then a 1-to-1 curve on the alt. Vario setting.. Would that be a better route?
Thanks for your time
Jack

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Had my quad go haywire, any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 06:04:30 pm »
Baro works better after a temperature calibration that limit altitude drift.

Maybe you need to read some doc:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Cruise+Control
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Altitude+Hold
Take a look at others pages ;)

Don't change Rc Tx curve, keep defaults.
Throttle curve do not have affect while using AltHold
You can adjust your Throttle curve like that: