I have set up TxPID so that it will use EasyTune to tune my Roll and Pitch when I turn my Accessory0.

My MIN and MAX are 0,002000 and 0,004500.

When I have my Quad hooked up to the computer I can see the values change in the Stabilization meny if I have it sett to "Change Always".
When I have tryed it i have hade it set to change when armed.

It is the HobbyKing E-turbine 280 quad.

So, are my MIN and Max range to small? 
Do you see any other problem?
I attach to screenshots from my settings.

Hi, I didnt get any answer from this question so now I will try to add some information in order to see if i can get any help.

My first try to set up my PID was done following the video on this page. https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/TxPID

However I now realise that that example might only set the PIDs in RATE mode, and I only fly Attitude.

Should I chose some other alternative than RollRatePID? Something with Attitude?

Any help is highly apreeciated.

cato

Yes, TxPID is to be tuned in rate mode. My understanding is still limited, but if I see right, you are tuning the so called inner loop there. This will affect attitude as well.

To use TxPID you need to fly the quad in rate mode, and make sure that you assigned the proper bank to that mode. Usually I use one flight mode for fixed attitude, one for fixed rate, and one for TxPID rate.
Nighthawk 250, MT1806, 12A ESC OneShot125, Revo, M8n GPS, FPV
Cinetank MKII, Elite 2216, 30A Afro OneShot125, Revo Clone, M8N GPS

mazevx

• Still Learning ...everday
If you want to use easytune, you should Set it to easytune and not txpid, enable txpid module and save, reboot device and choose easytune roll or pitch, be aware that normal setting is autocalc yaw, maybe disable that if your frame is a bit special in yaw axis.
Then, try again.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/plugins/servlet/mobile?contentId=2490381#content/view/2490381

Look here, scroll down to easytune discription, this should work.

Cato: I have also seen now that the inner loop also affect the Attitude mode. But why then would I need to make the settings while flying in rate mode? Im in the right Bank.

Mazevx: Your link is not the same as mine but the content looks the same. The video is the same. I belive I have done the way you say. And as I said in the first post I can see the values change in the Stabilization tab under the inner loop when I turn my knob. But i cant get it to make any noticeable change in the quads flight characteristics. For example I cant get any mayor oscillations.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
My MIN and MAX are 0,002000 and 0,004500.

You need a wider range, i'm close to 0.00600 (pitch) and 0.0054 (roll) for a ZMR250.

Try some acro like rolls in rate (FPV) and this case you can see when the settings are too high.

I will try to enter a wider range.
However, Im not about to do a roll any time soon. =)

I tried more last night. I tryed to "violently" jerk it left and right while I was changing the PID. (No roll) And I think Im getting to see the difference.

Why would I need to Roll/flip to tune my PID?

cato

Cato: I have also seen now that the inner loop also affect the Attitude mode. But why then would I need to make the settings while flying in rate mode? Im in the right Bank. ...

Again, only from my limited understanding: With Attitude the quad will always try to level, and the attitude outer loop is active, so your results are not "pure" rate inner loop. I tried to tune the quad this way myself, but could not find a proper tuning. Rate trainer looks like an excellent solution. But don't be afraid of rate, you don't need to do much more than hover and fly left/right forward/backward and up/down a bit. I managed that on the first try, even though I had flown only attiude to that point. The main point is, do it in an open space with nothing around, and relax. Rate is not difficult.

I also think that you need a wider ranger to start with, like Kp 100 to 1000 for a start.
Nighthawk 250, MT1806, 12A ESC OneShot125, Revo, M8n GPS, FPV
Cinetank MKII, Elite 2216, 30A Afro OneShot125, Revo Clone, M8N GPS

I too cannot detect oscillation when I move my slider. I've verified it's set up in the GCS, but not noticeable changes in the craft when flying and using it.

Questions:

1. How do you know the basis for the min and max values to start with? Perhpas mine are too narrow or too wide, but not sure how I'd know. It's a 450 Flamewheel with a Revo.
2. This post says you need to use Rate mode for TxPID, but elsewhere I've read it must be Attitude or Rattitude. Unfortunately, the wiki documentation is not even clear about this.

Thanks.

Mateusz

I think values range depends on your copter, but usually I find mine in range between what wiki suggests
Furthermore, we set the Min of the range on 0.0015 and the Max of the range on 0.0095.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/TxPID

There are two things called rate I think. Because LibrePilot uses dual loop PID controller, there are two set of PIDs: outer loop (attitude) and inner loop (rate).
You don't want to tune outer-loop but inner loop (rate). I think that's what is meant by tuning RatePIDs. But you still fly your aircraft in attitude flight mode and is correct even if it's not rate flight mode.

I suggest you to fly in Attitude mode but tune RollRatePID like shown in the movie https://youtu.be/6-CBHgDUF8A?t=86 that way you can fly it easy but rate loop accounts also for outerloop so your tunning is correct.

Thank you for the reply. Makes sense about the two meanings of "rate."

I tried those recommended min and max but still can't detect any oscillations.

Also, I think rollratepid is now easytunerateroll. I'll keep playing with the min and max until I get some action.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 08:59:37 pm by jopcloud »

D17E

• build your own drone
I suggest you to fly in Attitude mode but tune RollRatePID like shown in the movie https://youtu.be/6-CBHgDUF8A?t=86 that way you can fly it easy but rate loop accounts also for outerloop so your tunning is correct.

hi....so if i want to use easy tune, i should set flight mode to attitude or ratitude..? if this tune done, and then i want to fly acro+, so what flight mode i have to use for tune it..? and for 3 modes flight for 3 tunes..? am i right..?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 06:52:44 pm by D17E »
Thank You

Regard,
Eddy Saputra