stabilization parameter explanation?
« on: February 26, 2016, 08:16:30 pm »
Seeking some basic explanation of how stabilization works and what each mode and parameter do. I've done quite a bit of searching, but most tutorials dive into PID tweaking or the "advanced stabilization" tab and started typing in numbers without giving out what they do.

Basically need a per parameter explanation of these 2 tabs.

altitude/rate/raltitude/axis lock/weak level, what do they mean and what's the difference?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: stabilization parameter explanation?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 09:01:48 pm »
Just bellow the place where you got the first screenshot:

Each of the six Stabilization modes can be configured to utilize appropriate functions based on desired performance.Modes are:

Manual - Direct pass through from the RC input signal to the output. Not to be used with multirotors!
    Rate - The stick offset from neutral determines the rate of change on the controlled axis. Bringing the stick back to neutral stops the rotation, but doesn't return the airframe back to level.
    Rate Trainer - Same as Rate above but bank angle is limited by value from max bank angle in Attitude mode
    Attitude - Stick controls bank angle in Pitch/Roll, without action aircraft stay level. Full stick give max bank angle set for axis in Stabilization tab.
    Axis Lock - Like Rate with more 'locking'. Preferred for Yaw control.
    Weak Leveling - Like Rate but slowly level aircraft if controls are zero.
    Virtual Bar - React like a helicopter with flybar.
    Acro+ - Like Rate but at some point go to manual mode for very quick flips.
    Rattitude - Mixes Rate and Attitude mode: Attitude when sticks are centered or Rate at full deflection.

Take a look here also:
http://archive.is/ekb7n

P I D settings are very common in Flight Controllers and more.

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 03:25:14 am »
This is exactly what I am looking for. And the linked page is very helpful! Is there a backup of the entire wiki? Seems only that one page is cached. I'm also interested in other pages as the librepilot wiki isn't as complete.

hwh

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 04:25:00 am »
This is exactly what I am looking for. And the linked page is very helpful! Is there a backup of the entire wiki? Seems only that one page is cached. I'm also interested in other pages as the librepilot wiki isn't as complete.

No one seems to have gotten a complete backup before the wiki went down.   At the top of the page linked to on archive.is is a link for "All snapshots from host wiki.openpilot.org", that will give you a few more.   And you can dig around www.archive.org giving it the wiki.openpilot.org url and it will find more but most have the images missing.