settings to flip
« on: February 14, 2016, 03:13:55 am »
Hi All,

Thanks for this forum, my question is, how do i set my cc3d board that has currently been flashed with the libra pilot firmware15.09 to do flips. I have the flight mode 1 set at rattitude rattitude, axis lock, cruise control flight mode 2 attitude attitude axis lock cruise control... and flight mode 3 as rate rate axis lock manual. how do i configure the settings in any of these modes to allow for the quad to do rolls and flips. Sorry for my lack of understanding on this. I have been flying FPV for 2 years now and I'm ready to tap in to my inner "Charpu" and start rolling the quad and doing some flips. All I do is crash due to the craft being in some sort of maximum degree setting that will not allow it to roll 360. All of my settings are "stock" from the default firmware setting that load automatically. Thanks for your help.

-Bill
We get to carry each other, carry each other ...one

Jeuke26

Re: settings to flip
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 03:35:31 pm »
Hi All,

Thanks for this forum, my question is, how do i set my cc3d board that has currently been flashed with the libra pilot firmware15.09 to do flips. I have the flight mode 1 set at rattitude rattitude, axis lock, cruise control flight mode 2 attitude attitude axis lock cruise control... and flight mode 3 as rate rate axis lock manual. how do i configure the settings in any of these modes to allow for the quad to do rolls and flips. Sorry for my lack of understanding on this. I have been flying FPV for 2 years now and I'm ready to tap in to my inner "Charpu" and start rolling the quad and doing some flips. All I do is crash due to the craft being in some sort of maximum degree setting that will not allow it to roll 360. All of my settings are "stock" from the default firmware setting that load automatically. Thanks for your help.

-Bill

Hello Bill, I have been there as well, when everything is set to default as you state, the max deg/s is 220deg/s. So it takes 1.6 seconds to roll the craft which isn't a lot and you will loose a lot of altitude. In the rattitude or rate flight mode ( bank settings 2 and 3 ) go to the advanced page and set the rate max degree to at least 360 for pitch and roll, and the line under it to a minimum of 360. Now it take your quad to roll in 1 second. For me, it is set to 550deg/s so one roll takes 3/4second to do a roll.

But: my uncles quad is on the heavy side running on 3S so I need to punch throttle far more than my other lighter 4S quad. Don't forget to feed a bit of throttle right before you initiate the roll or flip, otherwise the quad hasn't got any inertia or momentum to roll and you loose a lot of altitude. In the beginning with all default settings and the 3S quad I lost like 3-4meters. Now, with the above settings, throttle input and on 4S I do in less than 30cm at head height.

Could you post your quad setup please ( and weight )?

Philip