andki

USB problem
« on: February 13, 2016, 01:46:47 am »
Hello,

I have just wanted to upgrade my revo board with libre pilot and now I can not connect to it with usb to my computer after I boot the FW.
It is no problem to flash the FW. First it finds the board in windows but efter a few seconds the connection is dropt. Like it is rebooting and starts over.

Has anyone had the same problem?

If I just connect external power the blue led is flashing so then it seams to work.  (But I can not configure it :p)

Best,
Andreas

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: USB problem
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 08:32:26 am »
Hi Andreas,

Maybe using Windows ?
Driver issue ?
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Troubleshooting

Laurent

andki

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 12:26:43 pm »
Hello,

Thanx for your answer.

But still does not work. I tried to botsrap it again to make shure I got the correct bootloader.
I can get it to work "partally" if I flash the revo-mini fw into it with dronin. The the USB is ok...

So strange...

Best,
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Maybe using Windows ?
Driver issue ?
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Troubleshooting

Laurent

Mateusz

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 01:22:39 pm »
Hello,

Thanx for your answer.

But still does not work. I tried to botsrap it again to make shure I got the correct bootloader.
I can get it to work "partally" if I flash the revo-mini fw into it with dronin. The the USB is ok...

So strange...

Best,
Andreas

• A slowly blinking blue LED indicates that the board is booted and running the firmware; this is the normal operating mode.
  • A rapidly blinking blue LED during a bootloader update indicates an error state. An invalid bootloader image was likely detected and the update hasn’t been performed.

Did you perform full erase with previous working firmware, before flashing LibrePilot ? Settings are not stored on internal micro-controller flash memory but external flash.
Hence you need recovery image, or working firmware to erase it. If your external settings don't agree with the firmware, they might be misinterpreted and board might be rebooting over and over.

Another thing is that in settings stored in external flash there is USBHID function, which by default should be set to USBTelemetry, this allows connecting with GCS over USB (another route is via OPLink). You can see this in Hardware GCS tab. If that is disabled for some reason, you won't be able to connect with GCS, unless you reflash your Revo and change settings to default.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 01:32:10 pm by Mateusz »

andki

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 04:50:29 pm »
Ok,

The blue LED lights up för 3-4sec and then the board reboots.
Where can i get the recovery image?

Best,
Andreas

Mateusz

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 06:03:41 pm »
Ok,

The blue LED lights up för 3-4sec and then the board reboots.
Where can i get the recovery image?

Best,
Andreas

There is a whole thread how to unbrick Revo https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=208.0
Erase settings and unbrick should fix any problem except hardware.

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 07:29:18 pm »
If you want to run LP 15.09, the easiest is to read the first post and just do emergency rescue procedure to flash fw_revolution_resurrect2-1509.opfw

You can leave that firmware on the board and run 15.09 GCS with it.