bip

autonomous flight - GPS waypoint on regular cc3d (not revo) ?
« on: February 09, 2016, 10:53:21 pm »
Hi guys,

I'm new to the drone world and I have the eachine 250 racer with the cc3d flight controller.
I was wondering if there is any way to get autonomous flight capabilities with the regular cc3d (not the Revo) ?

from what I heard some developers started working on it but I can't seem to find the status of their work or if the work is done.

of course I will need to add barometer + magnometer + gps to the cc3d.
but I'm asking if the software side is done and can support it?
and if I don't have any problems from hardware side (lack of memory on the cc3d)

I wanted to start implementing such features for the cc3d if they do not exist.

Thanks
Ben.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: autonomous flight - GPS waypoint on regular cc3d (not revo) ?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 11:22:38 pm »
Hi,

Currently there is maybe 500bytes free, running GPS with a limited set of UBX messages.

Without baro, mag or any autonomous code.

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 04:07:37 am »
I'm interested in just being able to set an altitude

aa8mc

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 02:58:54 am »
Not on a CC3D. There's no barometer. The GPS altitude can only be used for telemetry.  The reason for this is because the CC3D doesn't have the memory or computational horsepower (no floating point processor) to be able to run the EKF attitude estimation algorithm that the Revos do.  The Complmentary algorithm that the CC3D uses only factors in the gyros and accelerometers.  Besides, without a barometer, you really don't want use a GPS altitude for something as exacting as altitude hold.  It's far too inaccurate, even with the best GPS and a full satellite atlas you will maybe get within a few meters.  When you are talking altitude hold, a few meters is a whole lot.  The barometers on the Revos can detect pressure changes down to 10cm.
F450 Quad Clone
Outrunner1000KV Motors
HobbyWing FlyFun 30A ESCs
1045 Props
Telemetry via OP Link
FlySky FS-i6 transmitter w/ 10 channel mod
Sparky2 Flight controller
HobbyAce UBLOX 6M GPS
Running LibrePilot next branch
MinimOSD
FlySight Spexman FPV Goggles
Floureon 5500mAh LiPos