Re: Sparky2
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2015, 03:35:18 am »
CC3D, Revo, and Nano are supported in the first release (15.09).

There are too many things that are incomplete in Sparky2 code to call it Alpha, but if you want to get source code and build it, you can do that.  PPM doesn't work (Sbus does, on RcvrPort).  I2CPort not yet implemented.  Setup wizard and calibrations work as expected.

Upcoming release will hopefully have Sparky2 support.

Sparky2 is like a Revo with more ports (important when you want to do a lot of things at the same time, like SBUS, GPS, I2C Aux Mag, OSD, and Telemetry), and with the same sensors as Nano.

To try the Sparky2 code, first you will need to use SBL to write the bootloader.bin
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=208.0

If you have a BitBucket account you can build like this (Linux example):
Code: [Select]
git  clone  ssh://[email protected]/TheOtherCliff/librepilot.git  sparky2tmp
cd  sparky2tmp
git  checkout  theothercliff/LP-72_Sparky2_support
( do whatever you do for tools, I just "ln  -s  path-to-tools  path-to-downloads  ."  you should  "make  build_sdk_install" if this is your first time )
make  uavobjects  ;  make  -j2  gcs  ;  make  -j2  sparky2

type this to run your new GCS (GCS and firmware versions must match to avoid problems)
Code: [Select]
./build/librepilot-gcs_release/bin/librepilot-gcs
Start with Sparky board unplugged and no power.
Go into Firmware page and press Rescue before plugging in Sparky2.
Wait for Flash button (a few seconds to become active).
Press Flash.
After flash, press Erase Settings.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 03:53:48 am by TheOtherCliff »

xpantz

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2015, 09:49:11 am »

Is Nano supported here?

Yes, Librepilot 15.09 is fine for Nano.

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2015, 01:32:39 am »

Is Nano supported here?

Yes, Librepilot 15.09 is fine for Nano.

Thank you. Seems a better option as I will not buy anything Tau labs again. There are clones of the Nano out soon also

here: http://www.farwestrotors.com/

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2015, 02:41:24 am »
Thank you. Seems a better option as I will not buy anything Tau labs again. There are clones of the Nano out soon also

At 36x36mm that's not very nano. Would be cool if the hardware is comparable though, and available.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 01:40:31 pm by f5soh »

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2015, 01:33:26 pm »

At 36x36mm that's not very nano. Would be cool if the hardware is comparable though, and available.

Yeah, same size as CC3D and Naze so easy to mount, available is the key thing!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 01:42:18 pm by f5soh »

p25o1

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2015, 07:48:15 am »
Betaflight port is also inprogress , this will be a very cool FC

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2533601

Varzi

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2015, 10:49:05 pm »
Any news about the date of the next official release supporting Sparky 2?

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2015, 01:18:45 am »
There is a development branch that several developers are flying on Sparky2, but it needs a little work for release.  PPM doesn't work but SBus does.

The plan is that it will be available in the next release which is currently scheduled for January.  Be aware though that we ironing out some build issues (tools with "issues") on some really neat new features.

Varzi

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2016, 06:45:09 pm »

There is a development branch that several developers are flying on Sparky2, but it needs a little work for release.  PPM doesn't work but SBus does.

The plan is that it will be available in the next release which is currently scheduled for January.  Be aware though that we ironing out some build issues (tools with "issues") on some really neat new features.

I've just compiled the GIT Version next, but unfortunately my Sparky 2 isn't supported! :(
Is it possibile to compile a branch (what?) to start using sparky2?
Thank's a lot

finst

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2016, 07:16:39 pm »
Did the same a few days ago, didn't find support for sparky 2 either. But there's a fork within librepilot "TheOtherCliff" which has a branch with sparky 2 support. Works well but since ppm doesn't work I'm not able to test it. Soon I guess.

P.s. I'm still trying to understand the connections between all the branches and forks and things in bitbucked, so me writing about that stuff may sound weird.. Sorry.. :D ;-)

hwh

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2016, 07:48:56 pm »
The short explanation is there are multiple repositories (or forks, essentially copies) of the source.  The main one is the librepilot one.  Each of the developers has their own repository that they work in.  When they have something developed, debugged, and ready for release that code is merged into the main repository.  This keeps the main repository much neater and cleaner than if they all worked in the main repository.

Branches are a kind of subdivision of a repository.  For instance, TheOtherCliff will have a Sparky2 branch that contains all his work on the Sparky2.   He'll have other branches where he works on other unrelated things.  When code is merged back into the main repository what is actually merged is a branch.  When it's ready for release they'll merge the Sparky2 branch of TheOtherCliff's repository into the main librepilot repository.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 07:56:38 pm by hwh »

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2016, 11:06:24 pm »
Here is where you should go to get a link to clone my repo, to build the current Sparky2 support.  It is fairly old as compared to next, but I fly it all the time.

Of course realize that it is not released software and that it does have some things that don't work and that you assume responsibility yada yada...

https://bitbucket.org/TheOtherCliff/librepilot/branch/shared/LP-72_Sparky2_support

finst

« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2016, 11:47:09 pm »
Here is where you should go to get a link to clone my repo, to build the current Sparky2 support.  It is fairly old as compared to next, but I fly it all the time.

Of course realize that it is not released software and that it does have some things that don't work and that you assume responsibility yada yada...

https://bitbucket.org/TheOtherCliff/librepilot/branch/shared/LP-72_Sparky2_support

Is it the ppm in general thats not working or is it just the ppm pins? For example, would ppm work if I configure the built in oplink to receive ppm?

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2016, 09:27:40 am »
The built in OpLink doesn't have ports.

PPM just doesn't work at all on Sparky2 right now and Sparky2 doesn't even have a connector for PWM inputs.

Varzi

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2016, 10:27:52 am »
Any news or date about a possible merge of Sparky2 support in the official repo of LP?