Mateusz

Re: Sparky2
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2015, 01:22:50 pm »
Ok, so I sat down with my favorite 3d designing tool and made a case for this board.
I think it turned out quite good. I still could make some more simplifications to make it faster to fabricate. But I will wait with that I think.

/Fredrik

Hi Friedrik,
How much it will cost to get Sparky2 case from you ? Are you selling them ? If so, can you PM me ?
Thanks,

ggrif

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2015, 09:40:57 pm »
Thanks for sharing your knowledge, experience and links Cliff, much appreciated!

xpantz

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2015, 04:45:21 am »
BTW, if people can't get hold of a GPS like the V9, then what other alternatives are there, if any??

I have bought this M8N (OP V10) GPS ($22 shipped) (and another) and am working on getting the mags working with it.  Supplied cable must be cut and spliced to an OP (JST-SH 1.0mm) cable.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251997592219

That would make a lot of people happy.  :)

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2015, 05:31:08 pm »
Yes thanks Cliff that is pretty cool! The GPS option is a big bonus if you can get it up and running.

m_thread

• GCS is my home
    • LibrePilot
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2015, 09:12:20 am »
Hi guys,

Regarding the Sparky2 case. If you send me a PM I'm sure we can deal with that :)

/F

m_thread

• GCS is my home
    • LibrePilot
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2015, 09:14:30 am »
We are currently taking our first steps with the support in LibrePilot for the Sparky2 board. So far we are doing well and I hope I will be able to present more information here as we progress. Big thanks to TheOtherCliff for the initial work to get this new and exciting hardware up and running.
Attached a teaser image...
/F
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 11:23:42 am by m_thread »

jhan1

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2015, 03:03:09 pm »
Going to have to get one of these.  Always nice to have some options when it comes to hardware.  Looks like the firmware development is moving right along nicely.  Awesome work Devs and Thank You  :)

ArnhemAnt

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2015, 12:12:38 pm »
We are currently taking our first steps with the support in LibrePilot for the Sparky2 board. So far we are doing well and I hope I will be able to present more information here as we progress. Big thanks to TheOtherCliff for the initial work
/F

OMFG!!
This is really exciting news.
If you do what you need, you’re surviving. If you do what you want, you’re living.

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2015, 12:43:45 pm »

I currently use this GPS ($15 shipped) on my favorite 500mm Revo quad.  You have to egg out the holes 1.5mm each to stack it with a Revo.  The one I got (YMMV) just needed the supplied cable pins put into a standard OP JST-SH connector in the right order to get the GPS (not mags) working.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ublox-NEO-6M-GPS-HMC5883L-Compass-Module-APM-2-6-ARDUPILOT-MEGA-2-6-GPS-6M-/281573515693

I followed your advice and bought the same one.  :)
Any chance you still remember how to wire up the cables to the JST connector. I didn't find a schematic from this one yet.

Edit: found it, made a quick connection diagram.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 04:11:11 pm by Berkely »

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2015, 06:20:54 pm »
I think you would usually get this one if you were going to stack it on a Revo.  As a Neo6 it is the cheapest.  Also, you can use the GPS without soldering or making cables (mag requires a little more work though).  Just take 4 of the 6 pins out of the GPS cable and put in an OP connector (JST-SH 4 pin 1.0mm)

Be aware that the GPS needs to be powered by 5V standard receiver power (can take more volts, it is regulated on GPS board), but the mag must have 3.3v.  If you want to use the mag you need to either steal power from the GPS voltage regulator with a soldered wire on the GPS board, or somehow supply 3.3v to the other GPS connector (using an external voltage regulator).

I have successfully connected the GPS regulated voltage (3.3v) to the mag power, with a wire on the GPS board, and leave the external mag power wire disconnected.  I also left off the mag ground wire and rely on the GPS ground wire.

I seem to have better luck calibrating this mag than I do a V9 mag in that it seems to stay green more.  Could be other reasons involved though.

IIRC the mag needs a fairly high current pulse at a low duty cycle.

This and other options (especially this Neo8 with mag for $22 http://www.ebay.com/itm/251997592219 ) are discussed in some FTT only threads.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 06:25:16 pm by TheOtherCliff »

p25o1

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2015, 09:12:58 am »
Sparky2 and open/librepilot im in ,, looking forward to test , i have a board/setup ready to crash and burn

Mateusz

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2015, 06:21:21 pm »
Sparky2 and open/librepilot im in ,, looking forward to test , i have a board/setup ready to crash and burn

First hovering test with Cliff's branch Sparky 2 and Librepilot went fine. Just a short flight outdoors to see that it works.

Notes
  • Sparky 2 shipped with TL on it, and after SBL flashing LP firmware didn't want to boot. Thanks to Cliff's help, we managed to unbrick it by flashing TL back, erasing settings on external flash and then flashing LP firmware. This time it didn't trigger watchdog and board boots properly. So erase settings before flashing different firmware
  • Now only Sbus works as input to receiver port
  • Vehicle wizard and transmitter wizard worked fine
  • Sensor calibration (accel, gyro, mag, level, temp) worked fine, although it shows Revo pictures. Just check where Sparky 2 has it's "nose" and follow text during calibration then you're fine.

Otherwise, works perfect :) Next step I guess will be enabling EKF with M8N GPS (which is already implemented) and voltage&current sensor (don't know if ADC works yet).

p25o1

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2015, 07:05:19 pm »
good news !!!

are you planning an alpha release ?

mazevx

• Still Learning ...everday
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2015, 09:36:54 pm »
Theese are exciting news! Crashed my "black snapper " today in case of FC failure, time to move to sparky board... Hope theres an easier way to get an external mag working soon!

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2015, 01:44:08 am »
good news !!!

are you planning an alpha release ?

Just heard about all this, please release this ASAP, I don't use my Sparky now as previous software experience was very bad.

Is Nano supported here?

Edit; Sorry, I looked and I have a Sparky not the Sparky2, did not know that hardware existed. Seems like a Revolution clone TBH
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 02:04:40 am by Bragster »