f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Respond time quadcopter
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2016, 12:48:50 pm »
Like i already say in previous post: https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=721.msg5217#msg5217

In bank1 you reduced attitude response.
Try tuning your frame using EasyTune for Roll/Pitch,  starting from defaults.

Mateusz

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2016, 12:56:33 pm »
Never mind. So do you want it to respond quicker/more twitchy. Is that what your after. Are you in auto level. Are you saying you push the stick forward and it tilts forward and it takes a second to start really picking up speed? What exactly are you asking.

How to know in which level I am ? Yes, for example if I go to the left and immediately I want go to right (not the yaw, haven't try yet) it takes a little time to go to the right. In the first mode is very low, and in the second mode (intermediate) it takes less time, but it's not almost immediately.

This video explains nicely theory behind PIDs and how to tune them manually
If your aircraft behaves like elephant and reacts too slow, you PIDs (D term) are likely too high. If you change PIDs it gets more responsive but please watch the whole movie, it explains all behaviours.

LP has EasyTune which makes things much easier https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/TxPID

In the two following attached pictures, you can see (I marked with red) the flight mode you choose on your transmiter, and associated with it stabilization and bank.
  • Each bank defines PIDs
  • Each stabilization mode can be used for flight mode

I suggest you start with setting Flight mode 1 to Stabilized 1 and using [Atitude (pitch), Attitude(roll) and Axis lock for yaw]. Thrust can be set to manual or CruiseControl.
Then make sure you use Bank 1 on first flight mode, and that your PIDs in Bank1 are tuned the way you want your aircraft to behave. Also make sure that when you flip switch to flight-mode 1, that it is selected in GCS.

To do that, the easiest is power battery, plug USB (best without props) and be careful not to arm your quad while doing this. If your transmiter is configured for more than one flight-mode you should be able to switch flight modes with the switch. It does not matter if you have just one flight mode. If your goal is just to set different pids for the bank used in that Flight-mode just make sure it uses that bank.

There is no magic, that works out of the box for all aircrafts. In vehicle wizard it is possible to pick frame that is as close to your configuration as possible, then it might fly better. But if you don't find one and generic stock PIDs are not good for your frame/build, then you need to do the tunning yourself.
That's the case with every flight-controller. Sometimes you get lucky and stock PIDs  work, but many times you need to tune.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 01:06:30 pm by Mateusz »

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2016, 01:37:32 pm »
Like i already say in previous post: https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=721.msg5217#msg5217

In bank1 you reduced attitude response.
Try tuning your frame using EasyTune for Roll/Pitch,  starting from defaults.
Thanks for your reply.
the attitude is not changing very much, i think its the D of PID.

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2016, 01:39:28 pm »
Never mind. So do you want it to respond quicker/more twitchy. Is that what your after. Are you in auto level. Are you saying you push the stick forward and it tilts forward and it takes a second to start really picking up speed? What exactly are you asking.

How to know in which level I am ? Yes, for example if I go to the left and immediately I want go to right (not the yaw, haven't try yet) it takes a little time to go to the right. In the first mode is very low, and in the second mode (intermediate) it takes less time, but it's not almost immediately.

This video explains nicely theory behind PIDs and how to tune them manually
If your aircraft behaves like elephant and reacts too slow, you PIDs (D term) are likely too high. If you change PIDs it gets more responsive but please watch the whole movie, it explains all behaviours.

LP has EasyTune which makes things much easier https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/TxPID

In the two following attached pictures, you can see (I marked with red) the flight mode you choose on your transmiter, and associated with it stabilization and bank.
  • Each bank defines PIDs
  • Each stabilization mode can be used for flight mode

I suggest you start with setting Flight mode 1 to Stabilized 1 and using [Atitude (pitch), Attitude(roll) and Axis lock for yaw]. Thrust can be set to manual or CruiseControl.
Then make sure you use Bank 1 on first flight mode, and that your PIDs in Bank1 are tuned the way you want your aircraft to behave. Also make sure that when you flip switch to flight-mode 1, that it is selected in GCS.

To do that, the easiest is power battery, plug USB (best without props) and be careful not to arm your quad while doing this. If your transmiter is configured for more than one flight-mode you should be able to switch flight modes with the switch. It does not matter if you have just one flight mode. If your goal is just to set different pids for the bank used in that Flight-mode just make sure it uses that bank.

There is no magic, that works out of the box for all aircrafts. In vehicle wizard it is possible to pick frame that is as close to your configuration as possible, then it might fly better. But if you don't find one and generic stock PIDs are not good for your frame/build, then you need to do the tunning yourself.
That's the case with every flight-controller. Sometimes you get lucky and stock PIDs  work, but many times you need to tune.

Thank you for this post, I understand the PID. I need to have two more buttons on my fs-i6 to configure PID ? I'm French so I haven't understood all.

In attachment my current setup

Mateusz

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2016, 02:00:47 pm »

Thank you for this post, I understand the PID. I need to have two more buttons on my fs-i6 to configure PID ? I'm French so I haven't understood all.

I don't know FlySky radio. But you have 6 channels. Pitch, Roll, Yaw, Throttle (4 channels) and 1 channel for flight mode. So 5 channels are used.
You have 1 spare channel. If you can use 6th channel with the knobs then you can use it to tune pids.

Alternative is to use laptop and bluetooth (or oplink) https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Setup+a+bluetooth+for+telemetry
and someone can help you to tune PIDs on laptop while you fly.

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2016, 02:40:36 pm »

I don't know FlySky radio. But you have 6 channels. Pitch, Roll, Yaw, Throttle (4 channels) and 1 channel for flight mode. So 5 channels are used.
You have 1 spare channel. If you can use 6th channel with the knobs then you can use it to tune pids.

Alternative is to use laptop and bluetooth (or oplink) https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Setup+a+bluetooth+for+telemetry
and someone can help you to tune PIDs on laptop while you fly.

Thanks for your reply, I will just edit PID with the soft. But today is too windy. I will let you know if it's work after all my new setup :D

Mateusz

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2016, 02:45:23 pm »
Thanks for your reply, I will just edit PID with the soft. But today is too windy. I will let you know if it's work after all my new setup :D

Yes, that's easiest. Connect laptop, lower D term in right bank, disconnect laptop. Try flying a bit. Repeat until happy :)
Good luck ;)

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2016, 08:40:10 pm »
In auto level( if you let go of the sticks it leveles itself and hovers) on the basic tab the 3 sliders attitude, rate, rate yaw. Increase the attitude slider. And the P gain in the outer loop.  In rate mode(manual or non self leveling) it will rotate faster with the rate slider, and adjusting the P gain(on inner loop) will make it move quicker more robotic.  See if any of this makes a difference
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS