« on: January 23, 2016, 06:50:39 pm »
hello all,

i am looking to get a APM flight controller,
what is the difference between APM 2.6 and 2.8

thx

suzali

Re: Flight Controllers - Vs
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 07:02:47 pm »
In my eyes the APM 2.8 is the better choice.
Some issues of 2.6 are eliminated especially the power mangement (upgraded voltage regulator).
It has a MAG onboard that can be disabled via jumper.

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 07:05:41 pm »
thanks
googled a bit and seen a few pointers

I think the 2.8 is a worthwhile improvement if the cost is not much different. They fixed a couple of problems like the 3.3v reg.
They put the compass connection next to the GPS connector and then made the old connector a multi-purpose. Nothing earth shattering but nice changes.
source - from rcgroups

If you are confused about which system to get (Ardupilot Mega 2.5 or 2.6) this will hopefully help you out! I will outline some of the differences between the two aprat from the little number on the board. I will keep this brief so you can quickly decide but if there are any questions please ask!
Hardware
Both APM2.5 and 2.6 have exactly the same hardware and sensors, the only difference between the two is that in APM2.6, the compass sensor is taken off and is now included with the Ublox GPS/Compass module.
APM2.5 reqires the Mediatek GPS module as the compass is built in
APM2.6 requires the Ublox GPS/Compass module
Software
Both the APM2.5 and APM2.6 boards run the same software, there is no difference.
Price
Because the APM2.6 uses a different GPS module and has the compass externally it is slightly more expensive than the APM2.5.
sourced from - dronetrest.com

NB: Is there a topic for setting up the APM ?

cato

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 01:28:41 pm »
Hi guys,

I think you are looking for support for the APM Flightcontroller with it's specific fc software, right?

Not sure if you are aware, but this forum is exclusively about the librepilot FC software, which currently runs only on Openpilot hardware (Openpilot Atom, CC3D and Revolution controller) , so I guess it will be difficult to find someone here to help you with the APM. Maybe better to look for a support forum for the APM FC?
Nighthawk 250, MT1806, 12A ESC OneShot125, Revo, M8n GPS, FPV
Cinetank MKII, Elite 2216, 30A Afro OneShot125, Revo Clone, M8N GPS

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 06:21:51 pm »