hugges

auto leveling
« on: January 22, 2016, 04:41:09 pm »
HI I'm pleased with my self my copter is now done but can it be made to self level using CC3D an libre pilot as a OAP being quick with my thumbs is not easy I have not flown it any more than 3 inches of the ground any help
hugges

Re: auto leveling
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 05:07:09 am »
That is Attitude mode (look inside Stabilization 1 in the flight mode switch setup).  Stick position change the quad attitude.  Release the stick to neutral and the quad levels out.  Beware, it WILL still be drifting.

cato

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 10:34:14 am »
And flying it only 3 inches above the ground is more diffiult than flying it 2 meters above the ground, because at that low height you're quad suffers from the ground effect, which makes it very unstable.
Nighthawk 250, MT1806, 12A ESC OneShot125, Revo, M8n GPS, FPV
Cinetank MKII, Elite 2216, 30A Afro OneShot125, Revo Clone, M8N GPS

hugges

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 07:18:24 pm »
Thank you for your help I have been looking at setting up attitude but sorry I cannot understand how to do it is there a page that will show me how as you can tell I find it difficult to follow
bill

cato

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 08:56:04 pm »
Hi hugges,

looks like you are making your first experiences with quads, right?

Please don't worry about all those terms. When you setup the quad you had to select a flight mode switch. If you keep that switch in flight mode 1 you have attitude mode, which is the autoleveling mode. It's the best mode to learn flying a quad but not the only one. In the beginning all those terms are confusing, so I suggest, just don't worry, set flight mode one and try to get if flying.

You will find that in the beginning it seems impossible to get it steady, but after a while you will ask yourself why you ever had so much trouble, as you will find the less you do, the better it flies. That's the normal learning curve :)

For a start, don't keep it down near the ground out of fear of crashing it, but find a wide space and get it up at least 1m, it flies much better in that height. Start trying to hover it, and if you don't have already,  buy one of those cheap miniquads from china, they are almost indestructable and you can learn a lot flying them, and you can fly them almost everywhere.

As soon as you manage to hover your quad at some height, you can start to do things like this here:

BTW, after more than one year flying quads, I went back to those exercises, as you can variate them in many ways.
Nighthawk 250, MT1806, 12A ESC OneShot125, Revo, M8n GPS, FPV
Cinetank MKII, Elite 2216, 30A Afro OneShot125, Revo Clone, M8N GPS

hugges

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 10:36:10 pm »
Thank you CATO now I know what the flight mode switch is ill try tomorrow