daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
Re: Revo Nano in a 250 CP heli
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2016, 02:15:59 pm »
Blackie, with the Revo Nano, is flying much better. Weather and work have interfered with my flying. In a few days I will get this one going autonomously, I hope. And maybe a video or two depending on booting my keychain camera properly.I know how to do a flight plan, now.

This is a Bangood Revo Nano clone that doesn't have an internal 433 mhz OPLink. I must buy another OPlink if I want to tune wirelessly and add more weight to my heli.  Rats. I have been trying for almost a year now.

I still want to buy a real Revo Nano for an HK250.
Happy Landings!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2016, 02:37:11 pm »
Hi,

Banggood doesn't have Revo Nano but a Revolution board redesigned by cloners with smaller pcb and external OPLink.

A Revolution Nano looks like that, smaller CPU, MPU9250, no oplink.

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2016, 05:12:51 pm »
Merci Beaucoup, Laurent.

And I am becoming more confused.

When I purchased from Bangood I thought I was getting a Revo Nano. Since I can't get a real Revo Nano what is the next best flight controller that has an internal modem? Is there one that is light and about the same size ? Sparky?

If I keep what I have as well as the OPlink module that I can use with my laptop then I will need to purchase just the OPlink Air module. Does anyone know where I can purchase just that without having to purchase another one for my laptop? I would probably buy two; one for each HK250GT heli.

Thanks,
Dave
Happy Landings!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2016, 05:22:11 pm »
Sparky is same size as Revo.

The small Revo, normal sized Revo are good choices.
There is no Revo Nano clones (at least in this size) and around 500 original sell in the world, minor some defects.

The good thing with this small revo: both modules have SMA connectors but i'm not sure you can found the "Air Oplink module" alone.

SamSam

• Quads Helis planes

emjay

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2016, 12:59:35 pm »
Description of using 3DR radio for OP / LP board described in this blog.
http://peterwedege.blogspot.com.au/2015/10/open-pilot-cc3d.html

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2016, 01:46:24 pm »
Thanks for the links. I want to get the lightest parts that work. Does anyone know what the OPlink Air masses? OPlink ground station part? 3DR radios?

I have two helis that could use the OPlink Air but I have not seen that part available separately without buying the OPlink base part, too, one of which I already have.
Happy Landings!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2016, 04:28:48 pm »
If you want to use 3DR radio, no issue but this uses one Port with telemetry.

With the small Revo and Air Oplink, radio is already integrated and keep all ports free like a normal Revo.

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2016, 04:04:41 pm »
UPDATE on the GPS  and OPlink enabled Nano Revolution:

OPlink works. I am just waiting for snow to clear from soccer field to calibrate. And to get time from work--how come is that? I am supposed to be retired!

I have calibration questions that I hope are addressed in the middle of the pitch by wireless calibration.

I removed the controller from the heli to start over with attitude calibration because the graphic in Configuration / Flight Data or Firmware shows the heli upside-down. Then I calibrate. But I notice that a couple of my axes are reversed--usually roll and yaw. When I tried correcting this situation by changing the sign on the individual axes in System / Settings / AccelGyroSettings / Accel_scale and Gyro_scale things get uglier. The graphics flip to inverted again.

I have gone to fly and found that a couple of axes were reversed, RUDELY one time when it scraped the tips. I reverse the Axes in System / Settings / AccelGyrosettings.  It flies fine in "Rate" even if the graphics are inverted. Don't try "Rattiude" or "Attitude" though because it will want to tip.

I have tried/am trying different orientations in Configuration / Attitude / Settings / Board orientation. 180 correction on roll --upside down and -90,0, 90 & 180 corrections on yaw.

My board is upside down and the USB plug in on the right (starboard) side just like the board in attached drawing nose to the right looking down on it and USB plug aimed down.

Maybe I get time today to calibrate. Wish me luck.
What roll, pitch , and yaw orientation numbers should I use?
Thank you good people.
Happy Landings!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2016, 11:08:51 pm »
Dave, that a Revo mini from cloner.

Look previous post for Revolution Nano (from OP) as reference.
Again, just to avoid mistakes about names and boards.

My board is upside down and the USB plug in on the right (starboard) side just like the board in attached drawing nose to the right looking down on it and USB plug aimed down.

So Revo Mini, if upside down and usb to the right,  the arrow on case is on back and pointing rear ? try setting Pitch=180°

Put a picture how you mounted to be sure.

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2016, 11:45:22 pm »
I stand corrected. The revo mini - from cloner , doesn't get capital letters anymore either. I would like a real one...

My LP software will not allow me to rotate pitch more than 18 degrees. I did not find out where to edit the pitch rotate parameter in System yet as a work-around.

If I rotate yaw 180 & roll 180 it should be the same as rotate pitch 180, que no?

Can you ignore spaghetti wiring in photos?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 12:20:08 am by daveapplemotors »
Happy Landings!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2016, 01:07:32 am »
Just see you change manually Accel_scale and Gyro_scale with some '-1' value to revert.

You cannot get reliable changes in Attitude > board rotation if you change settings in both/all places.
And cannot help you, sadly.

If i remember you report some Radio input issues at some point ?
Can you refresh my memory ? Can't remember

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2016, 01:18:37 am »
All is working except orientation. I got help w OPlink and Bluetooth on another  heli so far.

I have been successfully altering Accel_scale and Gyro_scale since I first stated using OP about a year ago.

I try not to make changes in both places as I realize that could cause confusion. I re boot and then re calibrate everything after I change orientation. 

merci, Laurent
Happy Landings!

hwh

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2016, 03:32:39 am »
Why did you start using the scales instead of just using Attitude->board rotation? The rotation settings are much easier to use since they're in degrees and in the configuration screens instead of buried in settings.

I recommend you reset them back to the default and use board rotation instead.  It makes it much easier not only for you but for people trying to help you or people you share uav files with.  No one will think of looking at the scale settings when trying to help someone since they're not intended to be used this way.

edit: I just noticed in your pictures that the board you have has the "this way to front marker" arrow.  It's the half white half black arrow head on the case.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 03:37:15 am by hwh »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2016, 07:18:27 am »
If you reset the *_scales to "normal" , Orientation should be 180° Pitch

Also consider calibrating the Accelerometers if you want to use INS13 at some point.