Aloha Guys,

I have just recently my first Quad kit, I have played with plenty of store bought drones and a Hubson X4 but this is my first kit. Below is a link to the clone kit I purchased.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010FMGUS8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

Here is the Transmitter

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KHJ262Y?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

the build was coming along nicely, and I was very happy with it, I than went to openpilot and downloaded the new software and started to go Through the GCS. I had everything set up it seemed and once I was done I disconnected everything and went to try out my new Quad and I turned the transmitter on and plugged in my quad and none of the motors would turn. the radio is bound to the transmitter and I have a red light. the CC3d has a solid green light, and a blinking blue light. When I move the sticks the CC3D's blue light blinks a bit faster, but the motors still do not rotate. When I was in the GCS setting this up all the motors spun up in the correct rotation, but when everything is disconnected from the GCS and I try having the TX turned on with the battery feeding the quad nothing happens.

I did this same thing after uninstalling Openpilot and Installing Librepilot, I had the same Result!

Could this be that I am not calibrating the ESC's long enough or to long ( I have tried both ways)? Could it be a faulty CC3D? could it be a bad Receiver? I am at a loss, I have watched most of the videos on YouTube and read countless things online but I can not figure this out? I am not a Noob to RC (over 20 Years in the hobby with cars and Trucks) but this is my first attempt at a "Real" Quad. Should I try contacting the seller of the kit or Transmitter? I am really excited and want to get out and fly this but this is day four of trouble shooting maybe you guys can help cause I cannot seem to find the answer online!

Thank you all!!!!

Chris

Re: Motors will not turn after setting up in Librepilot or Openpilot
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 10:48:24 pm »
You must "arm" it before the motors will spin.  Do you know how to arm it?

Green on solid and blue blinking once a second is correct and normal blinking for CC3D.

The blue LED blinks fast when you first power it up from a flight battery.  It should be sitting on flat hard surface without being touched while the fast flashing is happening, because it is calibrating the gyros at that time.

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 12:23:34 am »
I dont know how to arm it? Thoughts?

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 03:30:14 am »
In GCS, and with board plugged into USB go to
Configuration -> Input -> Arming Settings
and select one.  Also hover mouse over the drop down list for some help instructions.

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 04:10:58 am »
Thanks i will try that tomorrow when i get home tomorrow, will let you know! I did set the one to yaw left at 30 seconds does that help with anything?

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 06:44:29 am »
Yes once you plug in and the lights are done rapidly blinking. Hold the throttle stick all the way down and to the left(yaw left or right, which ever way you have it set) and more rapid blinking will occur. Once it's done(about 10 sec) throttle up a take off. After 30 seconds of not seeing a throttle signal it will disarm on its own.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 06:47:46 am by NicholasDavid »
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 05:27:33 pm »
Just an FYI:  There is somewhat of a standard that yaw right is used for arming.  Of course choose whatever you want.

Also, it may recalibrate the gyros (fast blink LED) when you arm, and it must not be moving then either.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 05:54:10 pm by TheOtherCliff »

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 02:44:24 am »
Was able to get her going just held the stick down and left for a few and bam she worked!!!!