daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
Re: Motor shuts down as throttle increases.
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2016, 09:28:08 pm »
When you calibrate your TX do you switch flight modes--Normal, IU1 and IU2?
Happy Landings!

suzali

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2016, 09:36:19 pm »
No, I didn't. I dont have any different flightmodes programmed in the tx in this phase of testing.

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2016, 11:37:51 pm »
Those health errors deserve a closer look.

Do you use always armed for one flight mode and a normal arming for the other mode?

The only reasons I can think of that you would get this motor glitch (and even negative collective) in one mode and not the other are:
- The FC reboots in the bad mode.
- The channel positions themselves were causing errors.  This might be possible if one end of the mode switch was close to an invalid value and the problem mode was on the invalid value.
- The channel positions add up to an invalid value.  This used to happen with old PPM radios if the sum of all the pulses in the pulse train was too long.  I have an old RC brand 1 Tx and brand 2 Rx that have this problem.
- The glitchless mode ignores the error.  When you are running it in "manual" are you also "always armed"?  Really a stretch here.

You could look at Firmware -> FlightTime.  If it goes to zero right after the glitch, the FC rebooted.

You could set up some GCS scopes to watch things like:
- all ManualControlCommand.Channel (may jump to invalid values).
- SystemStats.EventSystemWarningID  ???
- StacksMonitor, see if any non-zero stacks go to zero right in that time frame

It may be a hardware problem.  I don't like to say that.  Is this an OP CC3D or a clone, and if clone, where did you get it?  I trust OP CC3D's.  I have heard of a very few bad CC3D clones.

suzali

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2016, 08:33:11 am »
What happens if you raise the neutral value on collective a little ?
And the low value to just above the low on throttle?

Have done all this, no change :-(

suzali

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2016, 08:47:24 am »
Do you use always armed for one flight mode and a normal arming for the other mode?

No arming in all modes by 'yaw right'. I never use always armed.

- The channel positions add up to an invalid value.  This used to happen with old PPM radios if the sum of all the pulses in the pulse train was too long.  I have an old RC brand 1 Tx and brand 2 Rx that have this problem.

I use a Lemon dsm2 Rx and a Turnygy 9x with OpenTX 2.0. I'll try another tx today.

You could look at Firmware -> FlightTime.  If it goes to zero right after the glitch, the FC rebooted.

Will check next time

« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 08:52:14 am by suzali »

suzali

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2016, 09:19:23 am »
I'm just wondering about the yellow sign:

suzali

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2016, 11:07:54 am »
I think  I'll go crazy >:(

Reinstalled FW.
Changed TX and RX.
No change at all   :'(

SamSam

• Quads Helis planes
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2016, 05:04:30 am »
1) I looked  at your UAV file. seems good to me, to rule out your CC3d Hardware is not defective... do you have a quad to try it on... heli setup is always tricky, quad setup is straight forward.

2) i have attached my trex compatible UAV file, but this is for open pilot ver 15.02.02. if you are willing to use open pilot firmware you can upload this uav. throttle and collective on same stick. arm- roll-right, . this file is guaranteed to fly,(no 3D flying though) i have been flying since July 2015

suzali

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2016, 08:28:48 am »
thx SamSam.
I don't want to use my Hexacopter for experiments with maybe faulty hardware ::)
I'll go the second way using the openilot fw.

suzali

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2016, 10:52:59 am »
Problem is gone with openflight fw  :-\

I had orderered a new CC3D, as they are very cheap meanwhile at aliexpress (less than 10 EUR). It came today. Build it in, flashed librepilot FW and configured it for my heli. Believe it or not: same old problem with stalling motor in automatic mode. So I can definitely say my board was not faulty.

I was so happy finding librepilot, now it looks as if I'll have to go back to openpilot without any support  :( >:( :'(
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 03:35:50 pm by suzali »

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2016, 05:04:56 pm »
I just loaded your UAV onto a spare board.

go into System / HW / Channel Number and switch channel 5 and 6. 5 should be flight mode and 6 collective. You may have to redo Manual Calibration or something else to make that work, I don't know.
Happy Landings!

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2016, 05:56:16 pm »
There are some guys out there that have working setups.  One way to figure this out would be to start with a working UAV file (as absolutely few things changed as possible to start with) and change a few things at a time until the problem showed up.  Then change those one at a time and figure out exactly what change causes the problem.

From all the very strange things that happen (collective goes negative, motor stops, motor restarts without moving the Tx stick, momentary system health warnings, etc.) it sounds like it could even be a program crash / reboot.  CC3D is very low on memory, and I'm not aware of what has and has not been tested for "out of memory" with some of the extras (e.g. Camera Gimbal, GPS, TxPID, etc.) that are available.

suzali

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2016, 07:41:37 pm »
@daveapplemotors: just changed channels --> same result   >:(

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2016, 09:14:47 pm »
How about grabbing one of my UAV files. I am using satellites but do you want me to get a recent radio UAV? I switch to sats recently.

What ever file you use:

Before you connect the flight battery change all the System / Actuator Settings / Channel Max values to 1650 if over 1800 and up to 1350 if they are lower. Same for Channel Min values. Increase them gradually while working in System with flight battery connected. (I don't like the Swash Leveling routine in Configuration / Vehicle because it crashes servos at top speed).
OR
Copy and paste your Max, Neutral and Min values for the first 4 channels.

Then
do Configuration / Inputs / Manual Calibration of TX

If you change only those data it should work.

I feel your pain. I spent a week or two on my first CC3D board last May before I could test fly.
Happy Landings!

suzali

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2016, 07:34:43 am »
How about grabbing one of my UAV files. I am using satellites but do you want me to get a recent radio UAV?

Thx. I'll give that a try. Please attach / send a UAV.