Anis

Zmr 250 won't fly
« on: January 07, 2016, 04:37:17 pm »
Hello everyone,
I'm new to open pilot. I had a zmr 250, and I did the configuration according to painless 360 video on youtube... The motors spin properly , but the quad won't take off and the props leave the motors. I have a gem fan 5030 propellers and ipower motors.I didn't use the adapters of props because they don't fit the motors and I'm not sure how to install them...
I hope you can help me to enjoy flying this drone.
Thank you

mazevx

• Still Learning ...everday
Re: Zmr 250 won't fly
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 10:01:18 pm »
Are you sure that all motors spinning in right direction an props are right direction too?
Correct spinning direction ist shown in gcs.

Martyc

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 11:29:22 pm »
Ok well the props need to be fitted to the motors so they don't fall off.
The prop needs to fit snugly on the shaft of the motor and the fixed in place with a nut.
If the prop doesn't fit snugly the use the inserts that came with the prop to reduce the size.
If you don't have the right prop adapter for the motor then you may have a problem.

Anis

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 08:58:54 am »
The motors spin on the right direction, I'm sure and I checked multiple times. .. I need to work in order for the props to fit snugly on the shaft,  then I'll see the result,  but the drone should take off when the throttle is half its max.I tried to give it a full throttle and it didn't fly(before the props fall off from it). I didn't find a good video to show me how to install the props( I know it's not that hard, but I need to make sure that I'm doing it right) .
Thank you

cato

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 09:31:08 am »
1st, most 250 motors have self fastening shafts, so when the props spin off, it is very likely that you mixed CW and CCW, means for example you put a CW motor where you need a CCW motor. I tested it a while ago,.
To make sure that you did not mix anything here, check that: NW motor spins clockwise, NE counter clockwise, SE clockwie, SW counter clockwise (NW meanin North West, the prop front left in straight flight direction).

Your second problem, that it does not take off, may be connected to 1: motor spinning direction and propeller direction do not match: the props must be attached in a way that the air ist pushed beneath, if one or two props are wrong, the quad will flip, if three or four are wrong the quad will stick to the ground. I attached a photo of a proper setup with Nighthawk 250 and 5045 Props.

A less likely possibility would be, that you quad ist too heavy, so that the props cannot lift it. I could not manage that with a 250, even with 5030 props and 2S batteries my Nighthawk would lift off (although no fun to fly).

Nighthawk 250, MT1806, 12A ESC OneShot125, Revo, M8n GPS, FPV
Cinetank MKII, Elite 2216, 30A Afro OneShot125, Revo Clone, M8N GPS

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 02:21:41 am »
You must find and use some correct prop adapters.

I think you may just have smooth shaft pointing up?  There is a kind of adapter that fits over a smooth shaft and grabs it hard when you tighten the prop nut (a part of the prop adapter).

We need sharp, close up pictures of what you have, motor, adapter, prop or we are just guessing.  :)

Anis

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 01:43:45 pm »
Hello,
I solved the problem of falling props,  but unfortunately,  the problem of taking off is not yet solved. Attached is a pic of props(pair of them) .I hope you can tell me how to install them( example 5030R ccw motor. .. And the writing should be facing earth or ceiling...)
Thank you

Anis

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2016, 03:27:32 pm »
hello again,
I started to think that maybe i did something wrong in the configuration ,so attached is the configuration file that I did...
thank you again

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2016, 04:55:32 pm »
In the GCS, go to Configuration -> Vehicle.
There is a picture of how to set motor direction and prop type.

cato

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2016, 11:00:47 pm »
Also, can you show a photo of the propellers attached to the quad?

I can see from the uav file that you turned your controller -90°. Did you check that this is correct?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 11:20:12 pm by cato »

Anis

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2016, 08:45:21 am »
Hello again
Attached is a pic of the quad with props, and I rotate my controller with 90 degrees because I fixed my board on the quad with usb port pointing to the left so it will be easier to attach the usb cable...
Could it be possible that I should raise the max throttle?
Thank you

Mateusz

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2016, 02:01:57 pm »
Ok,

- check direction of how props spin
- check prop profile, props labeled 5030R go on Clockwise (Cw), but props without "R" go on counterclockwise (ccw)

So 1,3 are usually CW and get props labeled with XXXXR while 2,4 get usually props XXXX without "R" of course all depends on wiring and setup but pay attention to props profile/shape

- if your shaft does not fit prop, order correct props as youwont be able to fly/hover if they rotate in shaft.

Hope that helps.

Martyc

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2016, 02:53:39 pm »
Looking at your picture your props appear to  be on the right motors.
You just need to ensure that they spin the right direction and they are screwed in tight enough.
If you rotate the prop with your finger the motor should turn too.

cato

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2016, 09:21:17 pm »
Looking at the colors of your hub nuts, it looks like you are using motors with selt locking hubs, and it could be that you mounted the motors the wrong way. Please check that:

motor NW ("top left"): hub nut must tighten counter clock wise (ccw), motor spins clockwise (cw). On my quadcopter the hub nut of this motor is black, not silver
motor NE: nut cw, motor ccw
motor SE: nut ccw, motor cw
motor SW: nut cw, motor ccw

your props are mounted the right way, so as your copter does not take off, it may very well be that all your motors directions need to be changed. Careful, if you mix cw and ccw motors, the props will spin off during flight.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 09:28:43 pm by cato »

Anis

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2016, 02:31:01 pm »
hello guys,
Sry for the late reply but I was away from home.
you were right, I swapped my motors so I can feel that there's no problem with the directions and props...
However, my quad is barely taking off  (30 cm above earth with full throttle) and the front motors give more power, so the quad will yaw aft or flip:(.
I need your help with this problem guys.
thank youuuu:)