New to ART/BNF Quads need help understanding RX>sat>CC3D
« on: December 31, 2015, 12:58:48 pm »
Hello everyone. :) Happy New Year.

I have owned a little RTF Quad and am quite good with planes and I also race (very seriously) 1/8th Scale Nitro Buggy's.

However, my experience with quads is pretty much zero (other than the little RTF i have). I have never built a 250 with programmable Flight Controller.

I found one that is cheap and seems like a good option for a first ARF.

It is a Speedix S250 AQ with CC3D.

The first problem I am having is understanding how the Tx Signal gets to the CC3D. My radio gear is Spektrum DX6i with an AR6100E RX.

Questions:

(1) Can I hook  up the AR6100E rx directly to the CC3d

(2) Or must it be done via a satellite receiver?

(3) Or is there no normal Rx Used and a satellite RX only used?

If anyone could please point me in the right direction I would be most appreciative as my speedix does not come with any kind of adapter or satellite, so if it is mandatory that I buy such things I really need to get a move on and order it.

Thank yo so much :)

Happy new year!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: New to ART/BNF Quads need help understanding RX>sat>CC3D
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 01:25:53 pm »
Hi,

The Speedix CC2D have his own DSM port where you can connect directly a spectrum sat receiver.

Take a look here for more information maybe:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2341341

Happy new year,
Laurent

Re: New to ART/BNF Quads need help understanding RX>sat>CC3D
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 07:28:22 am »
Thank you for that. I am getting my Speedix from Hobby king. and their add does not list or picture a DSM2 Sat. : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idproduct=82571

So my main concern was do I have to buy one or could the CC3D be hooked directly via PWM and After researching around the net I am of the understanding that it can. That I DO NOT have to use a satellite. However it is highly recommended as there will be far less wiring. So hopefully my kit does indeed come with a satellite :D

My kit should arrive in around 10 days time. Till then I will read around and learn as much as I can. No doubt I will need some further help when it comes time to update firmware, operate and configure GCS, and get Speedix setup for the first time.

Thank you f5soh

HAPPY 2016 everyone!!!