Marico

change some config/settings on the fly
« on: May 13, 2022, 08:58:04 pm »
Hello,
during flying I'd like change some stabilization settings (like rate responsiveness), I have a telemetry down/up link with GCS so it should work but it won't. I can upload WP data when vehicle is in PositionHold mode but can't change settings in Input tab or Attitude tab. Is there any trick to do some config changes without landing?

M.

karla

Re: change some config/settings on the fly
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 05:11:19 am »
Try check this box?

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 07:44:20 am »
Hover the mouse cursor over the "Update flight controller in real time" to get some help text.  It is a safety feature to not allow GCS to save settings while the vehicle is armed.  Writing flash (settings) takes some time away from the stabilization task.  Changing the settings as described above (moving the sliders, but not pressing Save) works but is not permanent.  Trying to save the changes does not work.  Maybe that is what you need.  If you want to save settings, you can save them later after you land and disarm.

=============================

Also; if I understand what you are trying to do, LibrePilot has
  Stabilization "Settings Bank" 1, 2, and 3

(disarmed) Assuming you are using the default of Bank #1, go to the Stabilization page, click the flower next to "Settings Bank 2" and select "Copy" then "from 1".  That will make bank 2 look exactly like bank 1.  (maybe save settings here)

Then:
- click on the bank 2 tab to access the bank 2 settings
- change Bank 2 however you like
- save settings
- go to Input -> Flight Mode Switch Settings
- make one of your flight mode switch positions use bank 2 to use the different settings when you use that position
- save settings
- arm and fly

A problem with this is that most transmitter switches have at most 3 positions.  You can actually buy rotary switches with many positions for some transmitters.  The way most people get more positions is to configure the RC transmitter to use multiple switches on a single channel.

=====================================

Another way is to use TxPID which can change PIDs, roll rates, and attitude max bank angles as I recall.

=====================================

For Rate mode responsiveness or Attitude mode max bank angle, you can also simply configure a "dual rate" switch on your RC transmitter.  Beware that arming using sticks probably won't work if you have clicked your dual rate switch to low rate on a stick that must go all the way over to arm / disarm.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 06:39:08 am by TheOtherCliff »

karla

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 05:10:14 am »
You can also use the System-tab to update any of the settings on the fly, while you are armed or even flying.
But you can only save the changes once you have disarmed.
To save to permanent memory is done with the red button.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 05:14:30 am by karla »