Easytune vs Optune
« on: December 22, 2015, 01:49:49 pm »
Hi everyone =)
I just flashed my CC3D with Librepilot.
So far so good.

Im used to use the Optune on my pids with great result, but now I would like to try Easytune in TxPid menu.

I know how to set it up, but i dont understand HOW to use it :P
In optune I'm looking for weak oscillations and then enter the value in Optune.

I`ve setup two knob to EasytunePitch and EasytuneRoll - now what?
Am I just supposed to turn the knobs until it feel correct? or am I supposed to do something else?
I`ve seen the video - but dont think its a good description on how to do it :P

Anyone? =)

Lo-res

Re: Easytune vs Optune
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 02:30:45 pm »
Have you seen this one?

« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 08:33:47 pm by hwh »

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 01:31:44 am »
huh? can't see anything? ;D

hwh

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 02:58:28 am »
Your browser is protecting you. These pages are https and the link posted is http.  Most of the current browsers block http on https pages.  In the address bar of your browser there should be a small symbol you can click on to say it's ok on the current page.

Or you can click on this: https://www.youtube.com/embed/QqgZZ6-V3Qk?rel=0

ArnhemAnt

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 03:32:03 am »
A recommendation from one of our developers is to use EasyTune while flying FPV so that you can actually 'see' the oscillations while flying. It is also advisable to do this in Rate mode and not Attitude mode.

I did my initial tune with EasyTune but it was LOS in Attitude mode. I haven't tried this suggestion yet as the weather here has closed in on me. As soon as there is a break, I'll give it a go.
If you do what you need, you’re surviving. If you do what you want, you’re living.

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 01:30:52 am »
I have found that Rate mode and Attitude mode tune differently.  You can't start with a perfect Rate tune and add Attitude to it and get a perfect Attitude.  I would make separate PIDs for them in separate banks and tune them separately.  Actually, adding GPS guidance on top of Attitude can change that too.  Each time you add another feedback layer on top of your current control scheme, you add additional resonances (oscillations).

If you don't fly FPV or make video recordings, you don't need to tune it in FPV.  Put it where you like the way if feels.  If it looks and feels the best from where you are flying it then "What me worry?"

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 02:41:11 am »
SirHaugen,

Did you find answers to your question? I too watched the wiki video but not sure it's helpful. Do you do both roll and pitch at the same time? Maybe there's a better vid out there. The video Lores linked was not using easytune.

D17E

• build your own drone
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 05:50:53 am »
the video tune guide by FUNFLY is very2 helpfull for me...
and now i just want try to autotune...but i can undestands the mean of :
--- FMS#1 Attitude mode manual throttle (Stabilized 1) on bank 1
--- FMS#2 AutoTune mode (like Attitude mode but with shaking) on bank 1 ---> if i set like this the configure error will say..
--- FMS#3 Attitude mode manual throttle (Stabilized 1) on bank 3

anyone can explain for easy way to use it..?
Thank You

Regard,
Eddy Saputra

Mateusz

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2016, 08:48:37 am »
Here is about PID tunnin to get basic understanding what P, I and D are.

and how to tune them one by one manually with oldest method.

Now about easy tune, as far as I understand
  • LibrePilot uses dual loop PID controller, you tune only inner (rate) loop which affects everything and is always used in both rate and attitude flying mode
  • You use EasyTune to tune P, I and D at once for one axis (pitch) on one knob, and all three PID values on another axis with second knob (roll). Like in this movie

You can also use one knob and first tune pitch, then reassign it to roll and test how it feels according to logic from movie above.

So with easy tune you don't need to tune 3 PIDs times 3 axis (9 combinations). You just do 2 or 3 and you're done.

You fly in attitude mode while tuning.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 08:51:43 am by Mateusz »

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2016, 08:26:48 pm »
Thanks for the response. I'll keep working through this.

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 10:30:58 am »
The AutoTune wiki tells what to do with those FMS positions and I would just be repeating to say it here...  :)

D17E

• build your own drone
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 02:45:00 am »
The AutoTune wiki tells what to do with those FMS positions and I would just be repeating to say it here...  :)

Hi....
need advices here..
in this wiki https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/EasyTune i saw the the instance1 and 2 with value "EasyTuneRatePitch and Roll" like this attachment, but in tthe video, the value "RollRatePID and PitchRatePID" thats is different what version Lp of that video..?

so if i want to use easy tune, i should set flight mode to attitude or ratitude..? if this tune done, and then i want to fly acro+, so what flight mode i have to use for tune it..? and for 3 modes flight for 3 tunes..? am i right..?
Thank You

Regard,
Eddy Saputra

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2016, 08:20:26 am »
Video shows a dev version, the final version differs with names.

If you keep the Attitude (outerloop) P values to defaults or lower a bit around 2 you can use the stabilization you want for tuning. Rate, Attitude or Acro+

D17E

• build your own drone
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2016, 10:55:01 am »
Video shows a dev version, the final version differs with names.

If you keep the Attitude (outerloop) P values to defaults or lower a bit around 2 you can use the stabilization you want for tuning. Rate, Attitude or Acro+

Thank you..:-)
Thank You

Regard,
Eddy Saputra