PRP-02

Trouble with cc3d
« on: June 08, 2019, 06:43:42 am »
Now that I have gotten better at flying my drone I wanted to go in and update the board and change setting but I can’t because I keep getting the error message could not go into DFU mode. And when I tried to reset I always got, “request timed out, you’ll have to upgrade the board manually with the upgrade loader.” I haven’t found a topic relating to this and I haven’t found a way to fix these issues.

When I first set this up years ago there was no problems. I’m curious as to what I need tool wise to fix this.

And also for a future build what flight controller should I use next?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 06:51:11 am by PRP-02 »

Re: Trouble with cc3d
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 08:17:09 am »
Perhaps the most common problem is a deficient USB cable.  Also, Windows driver issues (uninstall then reinstall GCS).

You must use the same version for both firmware and for GCS.  Also, for 16.09, (and 'next') you must use bootloader version 4.  Look on the firmware page to see what bootloader version you have installed.

What versions (firmware/GCS and bootloader) are you using?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 03:11:38 pm by TheOtherCliff »

PRP-02

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 05:58:55 pm »
Perhaps the most common problem is a deficient USB cable.  Also, Windows driver issues (uninstall then reinstall GCS).

You must use the same version for both firmware and for GCS.  Also, for 16.09, (and 'next') you must use bootloader version 4.  Look on the firmware page to see what bootloader version you have installed.

What versions (firmware/GCS and bootloader) are you using?

Ok so I’m not having any troubles with the usb cable, it almost instantly detects the flight controller and doesn’t lose signal.

I have downloaded version 16.09 for gcs multiple times and even went back to 15.09 but the thing is, is I can’t update the bootloader or even rescue the controller.

The one error message that keeps coming is “Could not enter DFU mode”

The current bootloader is running version 3 but like I just brought up it couldn’t enter DFU mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 09:57:46 pm »
You probably want to save your current settings since you have a flying aircraft?  If so, you should determine what version of firmware you are running.  GCS pops up a version mismatch box when you connect USB.  There is some button that gives you more info and it will tell you what your firmware version is.

Download and install that version of OP/LP, run that old GCS and do File->ExportUavSettings.  Also, it would help you to make some screen captures of the pages where you made changes, PIDs at Stabilization page, Hardware page, Input RC, Input FMS.

Use that old version of GCS and look at this page to get the new bootloader installed.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/5669026/Firmware+Tab#FirmwareTab-Rescuemethod
Make sure you follow all instructions including after flashing booting the FC and letting it run for a minute.

Uninstall old version of GCS.  Install the version of GCS you want (16.09 or next) and use this page to get the firmware installed.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/5669026/Firmware+Tab#FirmwareTab-Manualmethod

Restore some old settings by hand or run the setup wizard.

======================

You can do most this with the latest version of GCS without bothering to install an old version.  The new GCS will not be able to correctly save (export) or display settings from the old version of firmware though.

The file you saved that has your old settings (when you exported) can't be correctly imported with the new version, but it is a human readable text file that you can read to get your old settings and hand plug them into the new GCS.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 05:36:02 am by TheOtherCliff »

PRP-02

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 11:50:52 pm »
You probably want to save your current settings since you have a flying aircraft?  If so, you should determine what version of firmware you are running.  GCS pops up a version mismatch box when you connect USB.  There is some button that gives you more info and it will tell you what your firmware version is.

Download and install that version of OP/LP, run that old GCS and do File->ExportUavSettings.  Also, it would help you to make some screen captures of the pages where you made changes, PIDs at Stabilization page, Hardware page, Input RC, Input FMS.

Use that old version of GCS and look at this page to get the new bootloader installed.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/5669026/Firmware+Tab#FirmwareTab-Rescuemethod
Make sure you follow all instructions including after flashing booting the FC and letting it run for a minute.

Uninstall old version of GCS.  Install the version of GCS you want (16.09 or next) and use this page to get the firmware installed.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/5669026/Firmware+Tab#FirmwareTab-Manualmethod

Restore some old settings by hand or run the setup wizard.

======================

You can do most this with the latest version of GCS without bothering to install an old version.  The new GCS will not be able to correctly save (export) or display settings from the old version of firmware though.

The file you saved that has your old settings (when you exported) can't be correctly imported with the new version, but it is a human readable text file that you can read to get your old settings and hand plug them into the new GCS.

Ok thanks I’ll have to try this later when I can

(edited by Cliff to move a sentence in the quote that I misplaced (bootloader updater needs to be run after flashing it) to where it belonged.)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 05:36:26 am by TheOtherCliff »