Support for Flysky IBus with more then 10 Channels?
« on: May 30, 2019, 10:55:37 pm »
Am using FS I6X transmitter with X6B receiver + CC3D.   The TX/RX normally come as maximum 10 channel (IBUS or SBUS + PPM or PWM) system with no way of having RSSI output at RX (in order to send to FC/OSD etc).  RSSI and ERROR is however available at the transmitter via telemetry - but there is no audible alarm to indicate levels are below a safe treshold (!!).   So I decided to flash the receiver so that I can get RSSI on new Ibus channel 14 (X6B receiver actually supports 18 Ibus Channels).   However  on Libre Pilot (am using latest Next release 782 at the moment) it seems I can only select up to 10 Ibus input channels from Actuator drop downs (16 for SBUS).   Also tried setting RSSI to Channel 14 using the system tab - but CC3D stops working when I input channel 14 and save.   Is there a way I can select Ibus input channel greater then 10?
Would not like to use Sbus with Flysky - Flysky's SBus implementation is not done at the receiver but is encoded at transmitter - which results in strange MAX output on all X6B receiver on FailSafe activation.

Thanks

« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 11:34:32 pm by [email protected] »

Re: Support for Flysky IBus with more then 10 Channels?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 04:14:49 am »
I thought I remembered someone discussing getting RSSI off of a high channel number, but I can't find any such post.

For any one serial protocol, it would be possible to add the capability of getting RSSI from an arbitrary (large) channel number.  This becomes difficult when you try to do all protocols because you really need to test all those protocols.  It would also be possible to just increase the number of input channels, but that can cause timing issues for PPM for example.

Here is a post from a guy that just got analog RSSI from his FlySky receiver.  Maybe you can PM him.  Also Google may find more such mods.
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=4239.msg28791#msg28791

You may be able to find an IBus to PWM converter and use the PWM of the RSSI.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 12:07:20 pm »
Try the firmware attached for 14ch support: Rescue, load firmware and flash

Since the GCS limit the channel number to 10, you need to set the ch14 in UAVOBrowser (and do not save later in Input tab):

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 05:30:33 pm »
New Firmware :  It works perfectly...
After flashing CC3d and setting up RSSI to Ibus and Channel 14 from System (UAV Object Browser as per screenshot) worked first time.
When transmitter is turned off Input TAB shows RSSI drop to zero When turned on (close to receiver) RSSI shoots to MAX.
Thanks a million times.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 07:32:46 pm by f5soh »