QC102

Selling up... CC3D FC 16.09
« on: April 23, 2019, 03:39:23 am »
I have a few CC3D FCs all are  using 16.09 FW dated 12-12-2016.
I  got into 3D printers  intending to print quad stuff... but drifted away from quads being tied up with 3D !!

I am looking to sell the CC3D  along with 6 quads I put together -
Question is are my old CC3D capable of being updated to the "Next"  FW - or should a give it a miss.
If its more than plugging a USB  into the Mac -  I am clueless at much else other than plug and play stuff!

Re: Selling up... CC3D FC 16.09
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 05:36:20 am »
The intention is that CC3D can be updated to next, but ...
- CC3D memory is full and has been for years, so basically no new features and there have been some troubles with CC3D having "low memory alarms" when you enable some features.  OSD and GPS support come to mind.
- CC3D is maybe not tested so well for these low memory issues in next.

Next can have some good things for CC3D though, so I would try it unless you are just selling them, in which case, let the buyer test what he wants to use.

QC102

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 08:05:11 am »
Thanks for that info. 

My post was in two parts really - I am still using the CC3D 2016 version FW... I  pondered updating  for me to mess about with.  I only use the basic flight control... no OSD or anything else.
I did hope to sell off my quads - 2 450 DJY clone frames and 2 500 Alien type clones and 2 ZMR 250 - I also have enough  new and used parts to build another 2 450 frames... but it seems in my lull while messing with 3D printing... this type of quad is out of favour - anybody smart enough is now into the racing stuff and  the weekender pay with  flying models... can  get a very good stable "selfie" drone or similar for the  cost I  paid for a set of motors or 30amp ESC!  And  they come with radio or iPhone apps!

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 06:36:28 pm »
The Alien 500 clones make great cheap gimbal/camera platforms.  The 450's use the same arms.  Without the bulky gimbal and camera they can both be raced for fun if you race on an open course that doesn't have small gates.  I really like the F330 clones for that.

I guess I am more into the GPS / waypoint / FPV / video aspects and you need a larger quad than the typical racer for that.

Some friends and I got some Parrot Bebop 2 FPV's for Christmas and indeed you can't make anything close to that for what they cost.  1080p video, FPV goggles, 25 minute flight time, 2km range, 60kph (37mph) top speed, GPS with RTB/H, electronically stabilized image as good as a gimbal, electronic camera tilt can look upward to straight down.  Some really nice flight modes like "follow me" (GPS and visual) and waypoint flight (some are add-on purchases).  A dream to fly.  Take your hands off the sticks and it stops and stays where it is even in the wind.  My non-RCpilot wife easily flew it FPV for 15 minutes.

QC102

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 01:46:49 am »
Thanks for that info....  looks like none of my stuff will sell... so its better to play around with them again and awake what bit I knew about quads... thanks Cliff