attitude configuration
« on: March 16, 2019, 08:38:05 pm »
I'm trying to configure mu Revo for autonomous flight.
I wonder how to set "Attitude ---> Settings ---> Attitude Estimation Algorithm". Any gps set give configuration error when i choose "GPS assist" in "Input ---> Flight Mode Switch Settings ---> Assisted control".
I need assisted control flight and automatic waypoint flight to take photo on for vegetation inspections.

Thank you in advance.

My hardware and software:

Linux Debian 9
Librepilot Sep 29 2018 15:42

Frame: Realacc (zmr250)
FC: Open pilot revo
Oplink 433Mhz
Distributor: happymodel
Esc: Racestar 30A
Motors: Racestar BR2307s 2200KV Green Edition
Gps: GPS Module Ublox NEO - M8N
Battery: 3S 1350
Radio: no radio https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/14221378/Control+vehicle+using+joystick
  usb joypad

Re: attitude configuration
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 12:26:07 am »
Should be "GPS Navigation (INS13)" to use the GPS for any flight modes or flight assist.

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 05:50:33 pm »
Thank you for th answer!
Using "GPS Navigation (INS13)" even if Attitude --> flight mode switch settings --> assisted control --> none
the system ealth atti, stab, magn, are red
What behaviour shuold i expect using this configuration?

I would like a manul flight by which moving the quadcopter without taking care of the head position and a position for flight plan

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 03:25:03 am »
For those flight modes (head (headless?) position and flight plan) you need GPS flight modes.  For that you need INS13.  INS13 needs GPS and mag for all flight modes, even for flight modes that you would think do not need it.

It sounds like you have alarms.  In particular, INS13 won't arm until:
- you have GPS and mag installed correctly, configured correctly, and running correctly
- you have set home location
- mag is calibrated and green
- GPS has enough satellites to be green
- there are some flight modes it will not arm in, you must arm in other modes and switch to these
- there may be others I have forgotten...

You say that your mag is red.  That is at least one thing that will keep it from arming and flying.
Atti and Stab turn green after everything else is correct.
When Atti and Stab turn green you can arm.

You must also twist and carefully route your high current motor power wires (battery to connector, connector to PDB, PDB to ESC, ESC to motor) to avoid mag problems that only happen when motors are running with flight load (with props on).  Also, some PDB are not mag friendly.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 03:31:14 am by TheOtherCliff »

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 09:19:17 pm »
This afternoon i tryed to make it fly
GPS received the signal of 14 satellites and become green.
Magnetometer lowly turned even if the quadcopter was steady on the ground; so i calibrated accelerometer, magnetometer, board level and gyro bias twice.
The magnetometer remained red so i raised the warning/error level to 0.08 and it became green even if the aux magnetometer is still grey.
The "INPUT" system health  was orange and i couldn't arm the drone.
I didn't find what to correct. Can you help me?
I post the photo of the error
Thank you in advance. I'm still on the ground.

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2019, 09:58:10 pm »
Input orange means it isn't seeing a receiver signal.  I wouldn't change mag warning level.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 10:11:56 pm »
Orange Input is normal since you are using Joystick.

Is the Config > Input > arming setting set as Accessory0
and Throttle at minimum when you check the Arm Switch checkbox in Controller Widget ?

Also the flightmode used for arming will be a something basic using Attitude, without GPS mode or altitudeVario/Hold
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 10:16:07 pm by f5soh »

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2019, 11:57:40 am »
Trying without gps i set arming setting "roll left" because otherwise it didn't arm the motors.
The compass is very unstable and i raised the warning level just to make a first flight.

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2019, 07:04:54 pm »
I post configuration files
I'm sure you can understand what's wrong.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2019, 07:50:13 pm »
If you want to share config files you will need to save UAV settings while the board is connected to GCS.
Seems the above config file is all defaults.

No need to post the GCS configuration file, only uav settings.

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2019, 07:27:52 pm »
Last sunday afternoon i made a new attempt. I didn't manage to make the config tag green.
I attach the .uav file and two screenshot.
Can you suggest me how can i correct it?
Thank you in advance.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2019, 08:28:44 pm »
Try removing the "CruiseControl" in Stabilized3 with Rate for Roll, Pitch and Yaw.

Also the GPSAssist option will be only added to basic stabilization modes like Stabilized1, 2...

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2019, 11:40:27 am »
I tied to apply the coorrections you suggested but config botton remained red and gcs did not respond to the quadcopter movement any more.
I made many attempts to restore it aslo loading old functional .uav without gps but gcs was not restored.
I made an upgrade and erase and gcs move but now the op-link id is blank
I made an upgrade and erase of op-link but it is still blank.

How can i restore op-link id to copy it in controller configuration?

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2019, 12:26:56 pm »
I thought to attach the screenshot of op-link and now op-link id magicly appeared

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2019, 04:23:50 pm »
I made a new attempt.
Using a gps disabled configurazion i managed to arm the motors.
I added the gps and didn't find any combination of settings to make config botton greeen.
Then i stopped because the gcs stopped to move and there was no way to make it work again even disabling anywhere the gps.
I stop to try.