Parris

CC3D GCS : From computer to another computer .
« on: November 03, 2018, 02:22:26 am »
I have several CC3D boards and several different computers .  But, I have one CC3D board that only works on one particular computer . A desktop . It's a CC3D clone , I can deal with that . But , I can't understand why this certain board only works correctly on that computer , and not the others .
Parris

Re: CC3D GCS : From computer to another computer .
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 04:26:59 am »
Do the other CC3Ds work on that computer?
Have you tried a cable that works with that CC3D on the other computers?
Have you tried powering it with a flight battery as well as USB?
Are they all running the same version of GCS and firmware?
Any other details that might be relevant?  :)

Parris

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 04:56:12 pm »
Thanks.
   After some tinkering around , I discovered the problem . The board I was having issues with has a loose USB connector . Loose at the solder joints .
   Can I use a FTDI instead ? And , at what points on the board do I connect the FTDI ?
Parris

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 03:26:25 am »
Although you can set telemetry to come out MainPort or FlexiPort for instance, and make settings changes with that, there are problems.  If you ever need or want to erase settings or upgrade, you will have to use USB to reconfigure telemetry to come out MainPort/FlexiPort.

I would glue the USB connector on, on the sides maybe and get the electrical connections working somehow, or maybe take the USB connector off and solder the 4 wires of a USB cable where ever you can and glue it down, or just get another CC3D for $8 and save yourself the hassle.

Parris

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 09:35:13 pm »
Thanks TheOtherCliff , for the response/responses .

I'm not overly concerned about changing any of the settings on that certain board . All the settings I have work fine on that craft , and it flies great , has for a couple years  . I enjoy the CC3D . That board just happens to be one of the older clone boards I purchased , so it has a little sentimental value . I still have one of the original Openpilot CC3D's  , ( from years ago ) , and I'll probably keep it forever and never use .
   And , thanks for giving me the information about using an FTDI on the CC3D . I didn't realize that .

Again , Thanks ,

Parris
Parris