robertr

Able to arm quad in all flight modes.
« on: August 10, 2018, 04:36:30 am »
 I was out flying today and I noticed I can arm  my quad in all three stabilization modes which are attitude, rattitude and rate. I used to only be able to arm in attitude mode like it is supposed to be but for some reason I can arm in any flight mode.
 Not a big problem but just wondering if there is something I should check.

Re: Able to arm quad in all flight modes.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 06:46:43 am »
Those all allow arming.  Perhaps you had a dual rate switch on or such so that you couldn't get full stick throw to arm it.

robertr

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 08:00:08 am »
 I forgot to mention this is with ASWA axtivated. I think for safety reasons it is only supposed to arm in attitude mode. I have AWSA set up with flight mode switch.

robertr

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 05:34:05 pm »
 I found the problem, I had the AWSA disabled for some reason. I must have disabled it when I was trouble shooting the motors.
 Thanks Cliff for pointing me in the right direction.

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 08:07:51 pm »
I haven't used ASWA and this is just a comment.  I find it odd that ASWA will allow arming in Attitude which means that as soon as you arm, it will rev up motors if the quad is unlevel, but it will not arm in Rate where it does no such revving up if unlevel (it only revs up if the quad is rotatiing, to stop the rotation).  If this was done for safety, it seems backwards.

robertr

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 11:50:51 pm »
 In Attitude mode ASWA is not active, only when I switch to rattitude or rate mode does the ASWA become active.
 I have ASWA hooked up to my flight mode switch instead of a separate switch for ASWA.
 I use attitude mode to arm and then I switch straight to rate mode and take off.