SAkkiE

Hello, I new to this and I have made my qaud unflyable after upgrading the firmware and doing a resetup. please help.

That's why when asked I in turn ask if there is a reason for the upgrade and if the user is willing to grow from "buy and fly" to "understand, configure, and fly".  The most important thing is to make a backup of the settings (File->ExportUAVSettings...) so you can go back to a working state if needed.

When you run the setup wizard, reading each step and without skipping steps, you should either run into a problem with a step or not understand what a step is doing, or get it flying.  You can't just keep clicking the Next button till it is done...  :(

"I have made my quad unflyable" ... Sorry, but that isn't even close to describing a problem.  Need full details.  If it is a flight issue, a video will help diagnose the problem.

Also, I recall hearing about people with KingKong upgrades before.  Hopefully there is someone who has one and can point to a common issue.  Till then, I suggest that you use the Search button to search the forum for kingkong, and read how others fixed their problems.

Start with some basics:

What FC are you using?
What ESC's are being used?
Motors?
Battery?

What symptoms are you getting after upgrade that has made it un-fly-able? 

It could be something as simple as forgetting to assign your arming sequence, since this is something that is disabled by default for safety following a firmware update or an FC erase

SAkkiE

Start with some basics:

What FC are you using?I believe cc3d
What ESC's are being used? Bheli 20amp Kingkong
Motors?2205 2300kv Kingkong
Battery?3s ans 4s

What symptoms are you getting after upgrade that has made it un-fly-able? 

It could be something as simple as forgetting to assign your arming sequence, since this is something that is disabled by default for safety following a firmware update or an FC erase

The arming is fine I figured that out. The quad arms. When is say uncontrollable I mean that for someone as inexperienced as me moving the throttle 3 mm and my quad is already a meter high in the is uncontrollable.

I believe my EsC's are oneshot? but after choosing the 50hz ones I cant select the oneshot anymore even after doing a setup agian.

I've done a setup again and got it to be bit beter. The disc is in right directions now and the quad is beter but still way too strong.

I've adjusted the Attitude from 55 down to 16 And still it is very more than snappy.

So i hope this helps more.

So it does get up in the air and when doing that it doesn't instantly flip over.  That is good.

If moving the throttle stick 3mm above zero is what causes it to jump up 1 meter, there is something wrong and ask about that.  It is sometimes a PID issue and decreasing the D term a lot (50%) and the PI term a little (10%) might help.

If moving the throttle stick 3mm above hover power (with hover power say 1/3 stick to 2/3 stick) is what causes it to quickly climb up 1 meter, that is normal for a strongly powered quad.  It is like driving a car and following another car.  If you add 3mm of accelerator pedal, you will soon have moved many meters closer.

If your throttle stick has a rachet, then one click is the difference between climbing and descending.  To hover in one place generally you will always be adjusting the throttle up and down by the tiniest of amounts.  Revo class boards have additional sensor (barometer) that can sniff the pressure difference of tiny altitude changes.  Revo class boards have ALtitude Hold and ALtitude Vario throttle modes that greatly help you maintain a constant altitude.

SAkkiE

I understand what you saying but i dont understand what to adjust on librepilot, I dont see D term and PI term. Look I understand for you this was probaly a stupid thing to do but in trying to fix in it and understand what i've done please be more basic in terms or the equipment. I dont have a fancy throttle with ratchet or a revo board.

I appreciate all the advice and comments so far thank you.

PID is on Stabilization(->Advanced)

We really need a detailed description of the issue to help you.  You move this stick this much and it does this motion this fast.

SAkkiE

Hello

Please see attached and tell me if this helps ,please. I desprate to get my quad running at the moment it is two aggressive!

What was original firmware before upgrade?  If it was not OpenPilot, then be aware that motor are numbered differently in different brands of firmware and easiest fix is to renumber the motors correctly by plugging ESCs into correct FC connectors.  See Vehicle page for motor directions and numbers.  Also make the motor directions and prop types correct here.

Your problem may not be PIDs.

A well built quad should be able to take off and allow you to first learn how to control altitude without touching the other sticks.  It will drift away, but you should get several seconds at a time to practice altitude control.

Make sure that Stabilization->ZeroTheIntegral... is ENABLED

What does it do that is bad?  Flip as soon as you give throttle?  Jump way up high as soon as you give throttle?

Make a video so we can see what happens.  Fly over grass.  Take off immediately after starting props.  Jump it up to knee high without ever touching anything but the throttle stick.  Use just throttle.  Drop to grass if it is flying away.  You should be able to fly like this for several seconds at a time.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 05:28:10 pm by TheOtherCliff »

SAkkiE

Hi there Okay ive been at it for two days now and i've gotten the qaud until here. I watched a video on youtube (Cliff modified link to use youtube.com so it plays on forum): .... This was the best explanation for me, But i find that my mine is infact the other way around from what he is explaining if that sound right.

At the moment my disc control has no influence on the copter and as you see in the video only throttle applied.

please let me know thanks
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 04:47:18 pm by TheOtherCliff »

Need a video of what your quad does when you try to fly it.  At this point, it sounds like you have your PIDs reduced.  You should go back to default PIDs and generally default settings.  Make sure that Stabilization->ZeroTheIntegral... is ENABLED.  Fly in Attitude mode (Stabilized 1) in your Flight Mode Switch Settings.

Does it flip over as soon as you give throttle?  Does it jump up without flipping over and go way too high with less than 25% power?  Are you talking about 3mm above hover power or 3mm above zero throttle?

When hovering, 3mm above or below hover power is actually a fairly large change and it will make it climb or descend quickly.  When driving a car and following slowly 3mm of accelerator pedal will make a big difference in the distance to the car in front.  The first thing to learn is to control altitude with the smallest motions possible like +- 1mm on the throttle stick.  Many people use the "pinch the stick between two fingers" method because the "thumb on top" method does not easily give small, precise motions.

You generally don't want to adjust the PIDs if it is simply too sensitive.  There is are several other adjustments for that, depending on other factors.  I don't think I have every heard the defaults for Attitude mode described as too sensitive.  :)  You don't change the shock absorbers in a car if the steering is too sensitive.  You change the steering gear ratio.

I believe that your problem is not one that should be fixed by changing PIDs, at least not yet.

One thing that often gets beginners is that we assume that you are running at least an ESC protocol that is at least as fast as PWM@490Hz or PWMSync.  You will have problems similar to what you describe if you are running the ancient PWM@50Hz on one or more ESC.  Make sure all your ESCs are running at least PWM@490Hz.  Look in Output page and make sure all your Bank: and Mode: settings are the same and are PWM 490 or PWMSync.

Then there is ESC calibration.  Do this to fix ESC protocol and do ESC calibration too.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/12058743/ESC+Calibration

If you attach your settings file (File->ExportUAV...) it might help.  Make a video of it trying to fly and link it here.

SAkkiE

but there was n video attached except for the youtube video?

SAkkiE

I understand there was no exceptional flying in the video but i'm still trying to just get of the ground comfortably, yes the pid's are very low after not getting much answers i started low and started tuning myself!

Sorry.  I didn't see the attached video file, just the embedded youtube video link.  I see that it flips as soon as it has enough power to lift up.  That looks like instant flip problem which I thought wasn't happening from earlier discussion.

Please make sure you start by setting back to defaults.
You should go back to default PIDs and generally default settings.  Make sure that Stabilization->ZeroTheIntegral... is ENABLED.  Fly in Attitude mode (Stabilized 1) in your Flight Mode Switch Settings.

Assuming your problem is "instant flip" you probably have done something wrong in setup or skipped a step (like making sure ESCs are plugged in the correct order in the connectors).  Different brands of firmware require different plug-in order.  See this page:
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=4143.msg28067#msg28067

Also, I need answers to questions asked and indications that you have tried the suggestions and what happened when you did.  You don't comment on things I suggest.  I don't know if you tried them.

Does it ever go up without immediately flipping over?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 06:20:15 am by TheOtherCliff »