Calibration of esc
« on: June 27, 2018, 12:39:30 am »
First I am confused should I calibrate esc through reciever or should I calibrate esc through librepilot or does it matter which one just as long as I do it one way or the other. I am using cc3d and emax 12a nano opto esc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Calibration of esc
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 04:10:17 am »
Easiest and most accurate way is through LP GCS USB / FC without even switching the transmitter on.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/12058743/ESC+Calibration

But truly, the receiver way works OK too for the older ESC protocols.

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 09:55:53 pm »
I am using cc3d mini with emax nano esc. I have output set to OneShot125   When I calibrate them under output 3 of them calibrate but one doesn’t and won’t run just beeps. When I raise throttle up and back down it then gives conformation tone can’t figure out why they all won’t calibrate.  If I calibrate them using reciever only would I need to do anything in librepilot

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 10:26:37 pm »
Are all 4 ESCs exactly the same, bought at the same time?

Usually that problem is caused by ESC calibration currently having a bad value so that the ESC thinks the signal is outside of normal range (as defined by the calibration it currently has).  I would disconnect the other 3 ESCs and try to do it the way it's described on the wiki.  You may have to fiddle the Min and Max values (by a large amount) for that channel to get it to calibrate.  Then move them closer and closer to normal and recalibrate each time.

Some individual ESCs will even start and run from the 5V on the signal wire so the wiki procedure will not work.  (I have an airplane that does the ESC beeps even when just powering it from USB.)  In that case disconnect the other 3 ESCs, leave the battery plugged in, and plug in the ESC where wiki says to plug in the battery.

If you have a way of configuring (BLHeli) or flashing (SimonK) the ESC, reset or flash them all to get the one ESC back where you can calibrate it.

Rx does not put out OneShot125 signal, so you can't use just Rx to calibrate ESCs.

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 12:31:19 am »
Will try that tonight. Thanks for the help. Will reply again later if still having problems

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 05:59:59 am »
Got esc calibrated. Now I can’t get transmitter wizard to work. I am using orange rx r618xl reciever with ppm wire on bind/battery terminal going to cc3d pin 8. Have power and ground going from reciever to cc3d. It has been configured cc3d for ppm+one shot 125. When I start wizard get to move throttle and it’s like it’s not getting signal from reciever. Have rebound reciever to dx6i. If I just plug one esc into throttle on reciever it runs as it should. Any help would be appreciated thanks

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 04:15:55 pm »
Where does TxWizard fail?  It will look like it fails half way through if you don't have an FMS.

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 07:12:24 pm »
When u start with when u r suppose to move throttle up and down

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2018, 03:11:51 am »
Does any stick every work in the wizard?  If it fails half way through you need to add an FMS.

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2018, 03:36:31 am »
No I get to move throttle point nothing happens when I move stick and I can’t go to next stick because next is grayed out

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2018, 03:36:51 am »
What is a fms

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2018, 05:15:00 am »
Flight Mode Switch
set up on a 5th channel