Sushmit

Need help with Broken USB Connector
« on: May 15, 2018, 08:34:59 am »
Today I was configuring my cc3d and my USB port came off with ripping pads. So it will be very difficult to repair it so I will goto a mobile repair shop to repair it but in the case if they fail to repair it then I will carry out this process
(use real youtube.com links, not e.g. youtu.be to get your videos to work.  :) )

Here he has provided that if you want to flash firmware you will need stlink adapter and if you wanna just configure it you will need ftdi adapter.
Before my soldering pad got removed I flashed cleanflight cc3d.bin to it but it was not getting recognised by cleanflight due to driver issue.

So my question is that I have already flashed cc3d cleanflight.bin file so I only need to configure the board so should I go with ftdi adapter solution or is there any other way too?

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 09:20:59 am by TheOtherCliff »

Re: Need help with Broken USB Connector
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 09:31:35 am »
Indeed you can flash it through a serial port instead of USB, but the problem is that you still must use USB to configure it (with LP).  Unless...

If you can set one of the ports (Main, Flexi) to be Telemetry, you can configure it with an FTDI through there.  You could cut a USB cable and solder it to the CC3D to do a one time configuration and use serial from then on, or just leave the USB cable soldered on (maybe glue it too).

But...  Considering it is like $10 or so (shipped) to get a new CC3D, is it worth your time?  Better yet, buy a Revo, Nano, or Sparky2 for $30 to $45 and get new features since CC3D is full and doesn't get new features.

Sushmit

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 09:52:26 am »
Solder a USB cable to main port or flexi port but as per my knowledge USB port has 5 pads and main port has 4 pads

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 10:08:06 am »
Solder a USB cable to broken USB port.  Temporarily or permanently.

Sushmit

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 10:09:08 am »
Usb port is ripped off can solder the USB port back. Need alternator to that

Sushmit

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 12:12:30 pm »
I have put some of the best minds of hobby on work let's see if they are able to figure this out

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 05:03:26 pm »
You must find what each trace was connected to and solder there.

Sushmit

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 05:06:37 pm »
You must find what each trace was connected to and solder there.
Done I have retraced the circuit thanks to the schematics. Retrieved the USB pins actually there are 5 pins coming out of port but only 4 are used for processing so carefully with hobby blade I removed white covering and exposed remains of copper wire.

Here is my tip for those who don't have any copper left.

Try to connect 2 and 3 pin to the respective resistors in front of them.