robertr

Oneshot 125 with PWM receiver
« on: May 13, 2018, 03:43:21 pm »
 Hello, I received my Racerstar 30a Blheli_s esc's on Friday, installed them last night but I have a question.
 I am using a PWM Frsky receiver, went through the wizard  but when I get to the Esc part  I noticed Oneshot 125 is not highlighted, my choices are 50hz and 490hz so I left it at 490hz. Am I forgetting something or do I need to upgrade my receiver to PPM or Sbus to use the Oneshot 125 or or higher esc protocols?
 The quad flys on the 490hz setting and the motors run very smooth compared to the Simonk esc's but something is not right with the airmode, can't get it to work properly with the Blheli_s esc's. Airmode worked great with the SimonK esc's.. I figure it might be because of the 490hz setting in the Wizard, just a guess.
 I am using 16.09
 Thanks, Robert.

robertr

Re: Oneshot 125 with PWM receiver
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 01:59:57 am »
 I found an answer to my first question in the Wiki,

Oneshot 125

"Same as PWMSync, the CC3D/Atom need a
one wire RcInput like PPM(pin8), SBUS, DSM, SRXL...

Old PPM input (pin1) DO NOT ALLOW PWMSync

See CC3D hardware page for more details".

So I guess I will have to upgrade my ER9X Transmitter and receiver, XJT module that will do PPM or S-bus or might be a good excuse to get a Taranis QX7.

Still having problems with, Always Stabilized When Armed, I have no stabilization when throttle is at zero, only when throttle is raised a bit. Funny it worked great with the SimonK esc's but not the Racerstar esc's with Blheli_s. I can also arm the quad using a switch, in any flight mode, which you are not suppose to be able to do I thought.
 Could running the Blheli_s esc's at 490 Rapid ESC setting be causing problems?
I would like to get Always Stabilized when Armed to work properly if possible but kind of stuck at the moment.
 Thanks again, Robert.

robertr

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 03:11:41 am »
  Ok, I may have forgotten to setup ASWA in transmitter tab after erasing and updating my  CC3D board. I figured with the new esc's I would start from scratch.
 Have to wait for my computer to finish 150 updates first before I can check.
 This stuff is keeping my old brain in shape lol.

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 06:52:37 pm »
Been through that journey you are currently doing. I solved it by getting a PWM to PPM converter. Because my hitec radion had no recievers that did anything but PWM.
However, now later I can just tell you don't even bother upgrading ESCs and running oneshot and stuff as long as you are just useing a weak CC3D F1 FC, it just doesn't have enough power to utilize the benefits anyway. Go up to a Revo F4 FC or some of the newly supported F3 boards with librepilot next. You also get the awesome auto tune features to work that way, saving you lots of hassle.

robertr

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 07:37:43 pm »
 Thanks Zallestial, that is my plan eventually, right now I am trying to get by using my existing electronics which is a bit outdated for use with the mini quad stuff.
 I will leave Onshot for later, the quad runs way smoother with the new esc's even on 490 setting.
 Don't mind the tinkering as long as I find a solution in the end.
Thanks, Robert.

robertr

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 11:19:09 pm »
 I am happy to report that I got the ASWA working, turns out I forgot to set it up in Libre Pilot. Anyways everything seems to be good right now, just need the wind to calm down and get out and fly.
 Thanks again, Robert.

mr_w

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 10:43:07 am »
Why not just use dshot if you can use next?
Your escs will work with it. Cc3d does dshot just fine, and it doesnt conflict with pwm as far as I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robertr

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 02:26:41 pm »

Why not just use dshot if you can use next?
Your escs will work with it. Cc3d does dshot just fine, and it doesnt conflict with pwm as far as I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did try using Next a while back but had a problem, I was getting a stack error so I went back to 16.09. I either did something wrong or maybe it's my Chinese CC3D board, no idea.
 Thanks, Robert.