Unable to run Librepilot v 16.09
« on: April 29, 2018, 07:11:58 am »
I have downloaded both 16.09 rc1 and rc2  on a number of occasions.  I have upgraded from v15 because I cannot get the GCS to see my flight mode switch on Walkera devo 10 transmitter.  I am unable to get the latest versions of Librepilot to run.  When I click on the installed desktop shortcut, I am advised that the shortcut no longer points to the .exe file, and am asked whether or not to delete the shortcut.  If I go the my apps, and select the Librepilot app, there are shortcuts there for both Librepilot GCS and Librepilot GCS clean version, but if I click on those, I get the same message, ie 'Problem with Shortcut .the item 'Librepilot GCS .exe' to which this shortcut refers has either been changed or moved.  Do you want to delete this shortcut?".  When I check the Program files, the only .exe file in the Librepilot folder is ' uninstall.exe'.  There is no 'Librepilot GCS .exe file there, and no matter how many times  I download and install Librepilot 16.09, it never puts a GCS.exe file in the Librepilot folder.  This does not occur with V15, which installs perfectly.  I wanted to try v 16, because it has the green bar on the top right of the input page which indicates the channel it is detecting.

Can you please help me with installation of v16.0?

thanks Dave.

Re: Unable to run Librepilot v 16.09
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 08:10:46 am »
It might be that your anti-virus has quarantined it for some reason or you have a virus.  Did you download the install file from here or get it somewhere else that may have added a payload?

Are you low on disk space?

Have you run a virus scan recently to make sure it isn't infected?

Look in your anti-virus quarantine section.  If it's there, there may be a way to add an exception for it.

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 06:19:20 am »
Hi, Cliff ... I don't think it's the antivirus, because I can download and run 15.0 perfectly.  When I download 16.09, if I try to run it, I get a message telling me the file that the shortcut points to has been moved or something like that.  The shortcut points to : program files X86\Librepilot\bin\librepilot-GCS.exe. 

When I have v 15.0 installed, if I look in the 'bin' file, there is a file called 'Librepilot -GCS.exe'. 

When I have v16.0 installed, if I check the 'bin' file, there is no 'Librepilot-GCS.exe' file in it, so that is why the shortcut is not working.  I tried copying the GCS.exe file from the v15.09 'bin' folder, and planned on pasting it into the v16.0 'bin' folder, but this didn't work.  It would appear that this is not just a problem with Librepilot, because none of the other FC GCS's will install either.(Cleanflight, betaflight, Dronin)

For some reason or other,  Windows 10 either does not see the GCS.exe file contained in the download, but it still uses the .exe file to install Librepilot, just without the Librepilot-GCS.exe file in the 'Bin' folder, if you get my drift.

Has me totally stuffed.

Will need the attention of someone with a lot more programming knowledge than me.

I can use v15.0, but need to improvise, as it doesn't have settings for a 'H' quad.

thanks for you help.

Dave.

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 06:27:58 am »
Did you download the install file from here or get it somewhere else that may have added a payload?

Are you low on disk space?

You do need to check your anti-virus quarantine.  I recall a user in the last few months had a similar problem and virustotal.com showed that one or two AV packages out of about 50 showed a problem.  Since the LP file versions are different, it's quite possible that it thinks one file is a virus and the other is not.  And/or the old version may be handled as an exception by the AV where the new version isn't yet.  Executable files disappearing is exactly what it looks like when anti-virus does it's thing.  It's also what can happen if you are low on disk space during an install.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 06:36:01 am by TheOtherCliff »

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 07:11:53 am »
Thanks, Cliff ... you may be right about the AV .... I had to rebuild my computer the other day trying to fix the problem with not downloading the embedded .exe file.  The new windows 10 build put heaps of apps  that I didn't want, and it happens that Avant was one of them.  I have deleted this AV, but have not tried to download 16.09 since then.  I willgive it another try.  Not hopeful though, as the problem was their before the rebuild.  I have heaps of disc space like 240 gigs ...

thanks Dave.

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 07:23:16 am »
Hi, Cliff,

Just tried it again, but still the same problem. 

Got me beat

thanks anyway for the help

regards Dave.

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 09:34:55 pm »
Hi?
Please check your latest JAVA plugin, and try check all options (Shortcut, AeroSimRC Plugin, CDC driver, Mesa OpenGL driver) when you install.  Happy flight!