GCS: controller type detection.. ?
« on: May 09, 2018, 08:12:30 am »
..Back again, slowly learning the ins and outs of LP, and I have an easy question:

My first attempt at setting up a heli with the Revo Mini is slowly approaching the "I think it's working" point, and in the process I've noticed that the GCS always detects my Revo Mini as a standard Revo.  No big deal.

A friend loaned me an older CC3D board to experiment with, and it also appears to be working correctly, but the GCS detects that board as a CopterControl board, not a CC3D.  It shows CopterControl, Device ID 402, HW Revision 2, BL version 4, and FW level 16.09.  Is this also normal?

Thanks to all here for the continuing help.

utoedter

• Frickeln und mehr
Re: GCS: controller type detection.. ?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 08:45:22 am »
..Back again, slowly learning the ins and outs of LP, and I have an easy question:

My first attempt at setting up a heli with the Revo Mini is slowly approaching the "I think it's working" point, and in the process I've noticed that the GCS always detects my Revo Mini as a standard Revo.  No big deal.

A friend loaned me an older CC3D board to experiment with, and it also appears to be working correctly, but the GCS detects that board as a CopterControl board, not a CC3D.  It shows CopterControl, Device ID 402, HW Revision 2, BL version 4, and FW level 16.09.  Is this also normal?

Thanks to all here for the continuing help.

Thats correct. Look here

http://opwiki.readthedocs.io/en/latest/user_manual/cc3d/cc3d.html#coptercontrol3d-cc3d-and-atom-and-coptercontrol-introduction

Udo

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 09:56:29 am »
   Thank you!

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 04:31:16 pm »
Revo Mini is a real Revo (minus telemetry, buy Oplink Air for that, but it has problems...) just made smaller.

Revo Nano is actually a different board which must run firmware for Nano.

GCS always detects correct FC (unless you force wrong bootloader on FC).

mr_w

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 05:02:28 pm »
I'd like to add (just to confuse things a bit more):

The Revolution board, full one like we all know it (with onboard oplink) is officially called Revolution Mini. The "Revolution" board was supposed to be bigger, with more ports, but I think it never got the chance to see the light of the day in form of a full product.

The chinese "mini" revo full name is Revolution Mini (yeah, weird), but is the official "Revolution Mini" stripped of oplink and shrunk.

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 08:24:07 pm »
   There are other differences as well, such as the difference in the Flexiport wiring, and the fact that the Mini does not provide power to the servos for heli setups.  I like the Mini for its small size (fits a lot better in smaller helis) so I added a tiny "Vcc bus board" that converts the single-wire JST-SH output connections to traditional 3-pin headers for the servos and an LED strip.  The whole package (Mini, SBUS Rx, and bus board) is still small enough to fit completely inside a Trex450 frame.