Naga

Re: King Kong 300 Hex
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2018, 11:39:29 pm »
Hi Cliff.

The two things that are reversed when opening the board with 15.02.01 using GCS OP 15.02.02 is that Stabilised 1 Switch which is set for Attitude, Arttitude Axis Lock refers to Bank 1 and that has the "Insane" setting on that don't match with flying a craft in Attitude mode.

Stabilised  2 uses Rattitude, Rattitude and Rate with Cruise Control referring to Bank 2 which has Moderate settings which makes sense. Good for flips and rolls.

Stabilised 3 uses Rate, Rate and Rate and referres to Bank 3 which has the mild setting on!

So I assume the Bank 1 and Bank 3 settings are reversed. I mean, why fly Attitude with "Insane" settings or fly in Rate mode with Mild settings when Insane are programmed in???

Secondly, the Horizon on the Flight Data page correctly responds to movements of the Hex as if you are sat in the Pilots seat (I do know if the craft Banks left the horizon tilts to the right etc) but the lower 3D model (looks like ZMR) of the craft is reversed, if the craft is tail in, the model in the lower Windows shows nose in etc so that is not in sync with either the Flight Data HUD window or the model.

I already have screen shots of every page in GCS for the model.

I am going to save a uav file and put OP15.02.02 on it first and see how it looks after importing the uav again. I do have some experience with GCS and while not an expert I do have some understanding, so an intermediate user. I should be able to pick up any problems with the settings before I fly.

We may even be able to get 15.02.01 anyway, in which case problem solved. One of my buddies who has also just bought one of these has found the files but it looks like they need making, no exe available. So we may be able to get GCS 15.02.01 up and running.

Besides, half the fun of all this for me is messing with the firmware, I enjoy it, all part of the game!

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2018, 05:13:19 am »
Changing from version ab.cd.xx to ab.cd.yy is generally not supposed to change anything but fix a bug.  It is supposed to be so transparent that you can just flash the newer version and run it without any changes.

I would be / am very surprised if / that the "this bank goes with that flight mode position" functionality is different.  My hunch is that if you look at it again with either GCS it is the same.

It is common (for beginners at least) to set up rate mode rotation fairly slow, but to set up attitude mode rotation rates very fast.  In rate mode you want to be able to "keep up with it."  In attitude mode, you want it to get to the bank angle you are commanding as quickly as possible.  That would be an explanation for the attitude mode having fast rotation rates.

Naga

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2018, 08:45:32 pm »
Once again you are absolutely correct Cliff. Of course! :)

I saved the uav file, Rescued the board to go from Bootloader 3 to BL 4,  flashed from 15.02.01 to 15.02.02 and reloaded the uav. All the settings have remained the same as you predicted.

I am using the small HobbyKing OrangeRX R617xl 6 channel PPM receiver (not a Sat but Rx) which I plugged to to Pins 1,2 and 8 as I hoped to use OneShot125.

I bound the Rx to a new slot on my DX8 with 6 channels assigned to appropriate controls including Gear to Flight Mode Switch and Aux0 assigned to the knob in the Tx ready for TxPID if needed.

I changed the Input from PWM to PPM_PIN8+OneShot, ran the Tx Wizard and checked all inputs correctly responding to the Tx movements.

On the Output Page I tried to change the Output Banks to PPM.

Ran into a snag: Output Banks 1-3 accepted the change to PPM without protest but Output Bank 4 which controls motor 6 won't have it and give an error message:

"OneShot and PWMSync Output only works with receiver port settings marked with "+OneShot
When using Receiver Port setting PPM_PIN8+OneShot Bank 4 must be set to PWM".

Does this mean I cannot use OneShot125 on a Hex? Should I put it on Pin 3 instead of Pin 8? Not sure how to proceed.

Thanks.

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2018, 06:16:13 am »
With that sort of "bugfix only" change, you don't even need to export/import, just flash and go.  Importing what you just exported is the same as doing nothing, as long as you don't erase settings while flashing.  One good thing about export/import is that during import you can scroll down the object list to make sure there are no warnings/errors.

On the Output Page I tried to change the Output Banks to PPM.

"OneShot and PWMSync Output only works with receiver port settings marked with "+OneShot
When using Receiver Port setting PPM_PIN8+OneShot Bank 4 must be set to PWM".

Does this mean I cannot use OneShot125 on a Hex? Should I put it on Pin 3 instead of Pin 8? Not sure how to proceed.

For your ESCs: Are you using PWM, PWMSync, or OneShot?  You could certainly use PWM@490 if your ESCs support it.

What the GCS lets you do is the best documentation for what is possible.

Sorry that I don't do hexes or CC3D.  Hopefully someone else will chime in here.  Octos are possible, so there are other outputs (ESC signal) you could look into.

Naga

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2018, 12:47:40 pm »
For the escs, I wanted to use OneShot but for that you need PPM_PIN8+NoShot as the input but as I wrote, Output Bank4 which drives the 6th motor wouldn't accept it. A bit of a Catch 22 situation.

So I have gone back to PPN input on Pin3 and set the outputs for all the motors to PWM@490. I didn't think it a good idea to have motor 1-5 on OneShot and the 6th on PWM.

So she looks good to go, everything looks fine in GCS and I am ready for a maiden flight!

Many thanks for all you help Cliff, great support and I very much appreciate you patience with me.