vgwit

CC3D port oportunities
« on: April 18, 2018, 08:41:35 am »
I use Main port for SBUS and Flexi port for telemetry to microOSD. Is there a way to connect yet simple GPS to get coordinates on OSD? Is it possible to split Flexi taking into accout that telemetry uses Tx and GPS needs Rx?

Thanks.

mr_w

• LibrePilot
Re: CC3D port oportunities
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 10:54:46 am »
Technically yes, firmware even has all the supporting code to do this, but the part of the code to configure it is missing, so, the practical answer is probably no.

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 11:33:42 am »
Look to see whether you can use the ReceiverPort (normally this is receiver PWM inputs).

I know that ReceiverPort can be used for such things on Revo.  For instance, I use ReceiverPort for telemetry to OSD on Revo on one of my models.  I don't know for sure about CC3D.

mr_w

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 12:36:47 pm »
@cliff unfortunately, receiver port on cc3d has really limited capabilities - these are mostly timer outputs and optional remap for tx pin of UART1 (but uart1 is already at main port).

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 11:21:01 am »
That is a Revo Mini.  If you buy the special telemetry module ("OpLink Air") then it acts like a regular Revo.  OpLink Air only works with this and nothing else.  The two OpLink Air that I bought have bad RFM22B part and do not talk well to normal OpLinks.

Here is a real Revo Nano.  You must buy a real OpLink if you want telemetry.
https://sasquatchlabs.org/product/genuine-nano-flight-controller-w-case/ (sasquatchlabs.org web store has closed)

Generally speaking, Revo has more/better features than Nano, but Nano is smaller.

Revo Mini is small and has the better feature set, BUT the OpLink Air that you use for telemetry probably has problems.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 06:01:53 pm by TheOtherCliff »

vgwit

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 12:16:20 pm »
Thanks for reply.

I don't need OPlink. I just want to see basic telementry on OSD. So I don't want to pay for OPlink that Revolution has. So I look towards Revolution mini. Is it possible to use its Receiver (FlexiIO) port to send telemetry to miniOPOSD?

mr_w

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 04:00:15 pm »
If you want good telemetry on osd, go with Omnibus F4 Pro (or anything based on that). Plenty of connectivity, plus integrated OSD which doesn't waste your uarts. You will have to use custom built firmware, as this is not yet merged into next.

Though, if you wanna stick with legacy hardware, you can do revo "mini" (that one you have linked). Works good, the only downside is that mounting is PITA and even if you glue it (what you will probably have to do) the flimsy case can often pop open on crash.

Regarding real Revo-nano, I would look at the other side of the street when one approaches. I see no real benefit, really odd and limited MCU, and maybe it was good choice back then when it was designed, but on the other hand, there is this Chinese revo "mini" that has same hardware as regular revo, minus oplink. (nano also has no oplink).