iahawk

Hex 300 Throttle Issues
« on: April 03, 2018, 09:40:25 am »
I know......another throttle issue!

So i recently purchased a Kingkong hex 300 from HK. Set it up in LibrePilot and had a maiden flight today. I'm not new to multi rotors, although i'm new to using CC3D and setting it up. I had two issues today:

1. The throttle was really touchy. It was set in att,att, axis lock and manual thrust and appeared to either be ascending or hovering, it wouldn't slowly descend at any point in the throttle stick range (i set up Tx properly). To bring it down it went from a hover to throttle cut! I actually managed to bring it down my cutting throttle, adding throttle, cutting throttle adding etc and managed to land it without damage (although it was a heavy landing!).

When testing connected to GCS the throttle worked as expected in attitude mode. Wound up and constantly tried to correct itself by continuing to increase throttle. In rate mode the throttle obviously worked smoothly with no compensation and the throttle travelled well from zero to 100% with no sudden "drops". So i'm a little confused about what's going on here. I'm a little hesitant to fly in rate mode though.

I'm kind of certain i set up the escs correctly and assume that if there was an issue with them i'd have problems in rate mode anyway (correct me if im wrong).

If there was a way i could have "rate" throttle and the rest be att that'd be awesome, although i'm not sure if that's possible.

2. The hex was pitching back and forth about 5 degrees constantly. Wasn't a major issue just annoying but still needs to be fixed somehow.

I've attached my settings as a reference in anyone would be kind enough to have a look and see if they notice anything.

Re: Hex 300 Throttle Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 04:09:25 pm »
"Rate throttle" needs a baro.  CC3D doesn't have one.

It sounds like your throttle neutrals are not set correctly.  Go to the Output page.  If you are using a range that starts at 1000 then you should have a neutral that is less than 1100.  Don't use 1500.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 06:52:20 pm »
You should set first the all the output banks to PWM-490Hz in Configuration > Output tab, the motor response will be much better after that for Throttle response or simply stabilization behaviour.

Next step is do some PID tuning using a potentiometer in your radio as accessory and using the EasyTune feature from TxPID module. 

iahawk

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 11:02:57 pm »
Thanks guys.

It appears both your suggested settings are already setup that way. See attached pics in case you see anything i dont.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 12:18:46 am »
It appears both your suggested settings are already setup that way.
At least in first config file you posted, the bank was configured with PWM-50Hz.
Did you try another fly while using PWM-490Hz ?

Try adjusting PID, untuned multirotor is more difficult to maintain quiet.

iahawk

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 12:29:18 am »
It appears both your suggested settings are already setup that way.
At least in first config file you posted, the bank was configured with PWM-50Hz.
Did you try another fly while using PWM-490Hz ?

Try adjusting PID, untuned multirotor is more difficult to maintain quiet.

After sending that config file i decided to do the setup wizard again. It appears I may have incorrectly set up the esc in the last attempt and had it at 50Hz.

I’m taking it out in the next hour or so and will report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iahawk

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 02:19:06 am »
Just got back from a flight and it flew like a dream!!

I’ll start another thread about how I set it up so people with this model can hopefully just view that as I’ve noticed this particular hex comes up quite a bit across the net!

Probably because it’s cheap and beginners think it’s a good idea. Definitely not a beginner ANYTHING though hahaha.