us1m41

ADC->Revo->FRsky Smart Port - ASPD->x9D
« on: February 25, 2018, 12:53:46 pm »
Yes,

first post, please pardon if I missed this in my use of the search function.

TLDR: is it possible to run a "home brewed" analog sensor through CC3D/Libre Pilot to FRsky S.port telemetry as airspeed?

I have been attempting this running a BrainFPV board and dRonin.  It seems like I should be able to make this work using any of the ADCs and the airspeed module, but for some reason, I cannot get it to work. 

If I switch over to a Revo and libre pilot, should I be able to get this to work? 

Is someone willing to check this by just running their battery voltage (with a proper divider) through the airspeed module and see if it works?  The limitation in dRonin currently was that it appears the ASPD module was set up to work with three sensors that require calibration.  I do not know how to "fake it out."

Setup info:  I have an analog sensor that will output 0->3.3 volts.  I want to get it back to my taranis x9D+.  Based on the use case, I have this working using an x4r-SB using the A2 port and it works as intended, but the refresh rate is not fast enough. 

as I look through the different ways analog ports are currently being used, it appears that only Airspeed is refreshed fast enough to meet the use case.  I would like to think this is easy and something that one of you is already doing in libre pilot.

alternately, is there another way to pass an analog value back through telemetry at a reasonably fast refresh rate?  Is there a way to increase the refresh rate of the a2 telemetry field?  I can't figure out who controls that detail.  OpenTx people say its not them, dRonin people say that its not them.  is this controlled by the FW on the RX?  Who writes/controls that?

Thank you in advance!

-Todd

mr_w

• LibrePilot
Re: ADC->Revo->FRsky Smart Port - ASPD->x9D
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 02:34:34 pm »
Hi. The very short answer is no.

Longer answer - it is doable, but what is missing is frsky telemetry module and either software serial support for s.port protocol, or suitable hardware inverter.